• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    danville
    for what it is worth, I cc because if a bad guy comes in some where that I am and I dont see him first, I feel I would be one of his first targets if seeing the gun doesnt spook him. If concealed, he doesnt know i have it and therefore I have the upper hand. IMO

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    for what it is worth, I cc because if a bad guy comes in some where that I am and I dont see him first, I feel I would be one of his first targets if seeing the gun doesnt spook him. If concealed, he doesnt know i have it and therefore I have the upper hand. IMO

If that is your only reason to CC I think you have put too much emphasis on something that is far from reality.

I prefer to base my daily habits and preparations on things that are likely to happen instead of fantasy. I swear people get this idea from watching too much TV.

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    Well said! Why tip your hand? The element of surprise is a well proven battle tactic.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend

Where does this come from? Seriously. It has no basis in fact or reality. We keep hearing this same asinine argument, and is has no more meaning now than it has ever had.

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    Where does this come from? Seriously. It has no basis in fact or reality. We keep hearing this same asinine argument, and is has no more meaning now than it has ever had.

Some will look at open carry as a deterrent, others as a advertisement of lethality available to the carrier. The bad guy could interpret the open carry as a threat that needs to be neutralized for him to complete his crime. The CC on the other hand has the upper hand to take out the bad guy after the perpetrator has centered his attention on his target which he is probably facing and now not paying much attention to those around and behind him. This subject can be argued into eternity and there will always be strong opinions on open or concealed. The choice is ours and we personaly have to accept any consequences our own choice brings.:draw:

nemo97

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    All those claiming open carriers being a likely target by a criminal is assuming the criminal takes note of an open carried weapon. In a restaurant I sit down. My gun, however openly carried, is not likely to be seen by a criminal. In somewhat crowded store I am likely not sitting, but, I bet a criminal doesn't take notice. Truth be told, I'd be willing to bet most people pay about as much attention to open carriers as they do to lying politicians. Furthermore, the sight of something attached to a belt is quite common with so many garishly large phones on a hip these days.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

Well, since both of those were refuted fairly well in the original post essay (and hundreds of time since) in this thread

...yet you still brought them up again...

I can only assume you need redirected to an older more remedial OC/CC thread:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...lf_defense/37307-common_oc_cc_threadjack.html

:D

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I conceal because when I used to open carry, I was the first one shot in every gas station convenient store robbery I was involved in, which was quite frequently.

I was constantly targeted by criminals, and without the "element of surprise" I always was at an extreme tactical disadvantage, and was easily overtaken by my assailants.

Now, I just wait until after I'm attacked, on my back having my head smashed against the concrete, and I surprise my attacker with my concealed firearm. Boy, do they run! This is so much better! I don't know why I didn't do this sooner.

That was hard to type...

Noble

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    when I first received my license I would open carry. As I've grown older I've grown to dislike open carry and am bothered when my gun becomes exposed.

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I conceal because when I used to open carry, I was the first one shot in every gas station convenient store robbery I was involved in, which was quite frequently.

I was constantly targeted by criminals, and without the "element of surprise" I always was at an extreme tactical disadvantage, and was easily overtaken by my assailants.

Now, I just wait until after I'm attacked, on my back having my head smashed against the concrete, and I surprise my attacker with my concealed firearm. Boy, do they run! This is so much better! I don't know why I didn't do this sooner..

Finally, we have definitive proof...

Timcor3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Not sure I open carry but usually at my side and just try to keep it covered with shirt or jacket, whatever I'm wearing. Remember better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Top Bottom