• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    But if a glass at 50% capacity is neither half full nor half empty, what is neither OC nor CC??? And if it falls in the forest is there a sound or a noise???

But what of the person who intends to CC, but does it so poorly that it is clear that he is carrying?

In other words, must we examine the intentions of the glass to determine if it wants to be half full, rather than half empty? Also, does our observing the glass have any affect on the half-fullness?

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Let us not forget, this whole time the volume debate has been going on, the sun has been reducing said volume. So the longer it takes to reach a conclusion, the more half emptier it gets...

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    But if a glass at 50% capacity is neither half full nor half empty, what is neither OC nor CC??? And if it falls in the forest is there a sound or a noise???

IMO a glass is half empty when it is being depleted and half full when it is being filled ;)
    What if it was delivered to you at 50% capacity but was neither in the process of being filled or emptied, but simply existed?

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Thanks for sharing. I still have conflicted feelings about whether OC deters criminal actions or incites them. I guess it is dependent on the situation and environment. For now, I only CC.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Thanks for sharing. I still have conflicted feelings about whether OC deters criminal actions or incites them. I guess it is dependent on the situation and environment. For now, I only CC.

I can't be certain of the actual number of criminal actions my own open carry has deterred, except to say all of them.

However, I am certain of the number of criminal actions my own open carry has incited over 25 years... none.

Dagoney22

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    NWI-Merrillville
    Open carrying is like playing poker with your cards facing out....Why would you want everyone else to know what you have, where you have it, and how easy it is to get to. I carry to protect myself and my family. Not to bring any unnecessary attention to us.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Open carrying is like playing poker with your cards facing out....Why would you want everyone else to know what you have, where you have it, and how easy it is to get to. I carry to protect myself and my family. Not to bring any unnecessary attention to us.

Hell Ya......I Love 5-Card Stud.
    It's the same exact premise for open carrying, and the winner gets to live. :draw:

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

CC is like playing poker without looking at your cards...

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Open carrying is like playing poker with your cards facing out....Why would you want everyone else to know what you have...

So they'll fold before they become vested in the pot. I'm not trying to fool them into betting against me like I might if it were just a game.

In life, every time they fold, I win.

In life, I don't actually win anything extra by suckering them in even if I manage to ultimately defeat them.

One of the poorest analogies to bring up if you really think about it, but it certainly crops up a lot.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    I think the argument for OC is really that it's more accessible. Afterall, if you've been targeted, the bad guy already has the drop on you and you're already behind the gun (no pun intended) when the bad guy makes his move. It takes a special kind of dumb to choose the most fortified target to attack.

terryjordan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2011
    I hav always open carried. Who really know how many times.bad guys are not willing to target me and my family.and stopbecause i open carry

Top Bottom