• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2014
    Merrillville
    Well, now that we've established that I am right handed, haha, anyone think I'll get any trouble from the locals around Merrillville/Hobart/Valpo for open carrying? Not that I'll be doing much of that till next year due to the weather, but I just moved from Illinois and this is certainly a whole different world across the state line.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm in Merrillville. I haven't run into anything yet.
    Keep an eye on the events section. We may have a "Meet & Greet" some time in the winter. You can carry among friends, kinda helps.

Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Well, now that we've established that I am right handed, haha, anyone think I'll get any trouble from the locals around Merrillville/Hobart/Valpo for open carrying? Not that I'll be doing much of that till next year due to the weather, but I just moved from Illinois and this is certainly a whole different world across the state line.

Actually there's a couple threads on hobart and a carry rally coming up soon. I'm on my phone, so you'll have to search for it or wait for someone else to post the link.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Literally this weekend, Saturday, my kid's 1st birthday.

I'll have to ask my wife when it starts. Maybe I can get there early. Definitely won't have my permit by then since it's still pending ISP approval, but I'll show up if I can.

Don't need to carry.
    You do need to be calm and remember, cameras may be videoing you.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Welcome to America! Don't forget to exercise your rights while you still have them!

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Wow! That has to be a big culture shock.

Welcome to the freer State of Indiana. Enjoy!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2014
    Merrillville
    Don't need to carry.
    You do need to be calm and remember, cameras may be videoing you.

I'm not camera shy. I was interviewed by a news network in Atlanta last year regarding some GM recalls and I coordinate big events for car clubs regularly.

Wow! That has to be a big culture shock.

Welcome to the freer State of Indiana. Enjoy!

It was a shock in more ways than you know, but all were positive.

cjpoore

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2014
    Valparaiso
    i can't speak for Hobart and Merrillville, but i've never had any trouble open carrying in Valpo. the most common thing that happens is i get asked if i'm a police officer and one time in Five Guys, the cashier said "sweet strap"

cooltools

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    Why is this even debated ? Obviously it'a personal choice. All of us should just support the 2nd amendment and leave choice to the individual. Just saying .

Top Bottom