• ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...Joe you didn't identify the open carrier, you are dead. OK, guys, Lets run through this gas station robbery one more time.

How about a more realistic conversation?

Joe you didn't identify the open carrier, we're all dead. OK, guys, lets run through this gas station robbery one more time and ensure that it doesn't turn into a gunfight or murderous rampage.

If we want to keep robbing places, we have to get away with it and not all end up dead or facing life in prison once we're apprehended. You know, they keep looking for murderers long after they quit looking for robbers.

Run it again. This time, if anything looks complicated, we wait or abort.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Identifying threats with weapons in their hands is significantly easier than identifying someone who has a holstered pistol on their hip. They're looking at hands and what people are doing with them and still mistakes get made (like seeing a gun or knife when it's actually a mundane object like a mobile phone).

rhino missed the open carrier completely in yesterday's "Forum drill".

If the open carrier had been a snake...

well, I guess that is a possibility.

Right, rhino? :):

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    You all do realize I was joking, right?

:yesway: Yes, falcon, just playing to the larger audience of readers - they might not know you.

Well, more than 1 snake required to bring the Rhino down

To bring a rhino down, certainly

...but, I've been studying this [STRIKE]particular[/STRIKE] individual rhino for many years

...and, I finally overcame his last means of defense

...I "disappeared".

*poof*

<gong sounds>

jettlag

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2017
    Flowery Branch
    simply stated I DO NOT like open carry, the purpose of carrying in the first place is "self defense" why give away the best advantage you have, Concealment, if you find yourself at the wrong place at the wrong time, a criminal will just shoot you first!,

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    He's got jet lag. Act.

Doesn't matter though he's a runner resurrecting a bunch of dead threads. But really anti OC.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    simply stated I DO NOT like open carry, the purpose of carrying in the first place is "self defense" why give away the best advantage you have, Concealment, if you find yourself at the wrong place at the wrong time, a criminal will just shoot you first!,

Do yourself a favor and read the whole thread, there's a lot of good info. I think there's a time and a place for both methods of carry, but prefer OC myself. OC acts as a deterrent, where criminals will bypass you in favor of a weaker target. As far as I'm concerned, the "crminals will shoot you first" BS is just a myth. I'm sure it's happened, but since you don't read about it at all and there are no statistics to back it up, it must be very rare, if it happens at all. To each their own, but spouting off against a valid method of carrying is pretty poor form.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

Did they teach you that at the academy?

There's an entire argument you could have read in this thread before posting, but we can do this the hard way - much more fun! :):

Top Bottom