• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Just wondering if anyone else here has been to this place?

The Outpost Armory

I found it while traveling to Columbus, GA a year of so ago. It is right on I-24 south of Nashville, TN. We stopped at the Loves truck stop across the road from it and I HAD to check it out.:rolleyes: Didn't take alot of time checking it out and wish I had the time to go back there. From their website pictures they have done some remodeling since I was there.

4PWW9

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Mishawaka
    Been in there a few times in the past year. Newly remodeled, it is one of the better stocked gun stores out there.
    And it's owned by the Barrett's, only a stones throw away from the Barrett factory.
    Nice place to stop if you're passing thru.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I get by at least a couple of times a month. I've found some really good deals on 8# kegs of powder and bulk bullets. Tennessee sales tax is higher than IN IIRC since they don't have state income tax.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    I get by at least a couple of times a month. I've found some really good deals on 8# kegs of powder and bulk bullets. Tennessee sales tax is higher than IN IIRC since they don't have state income tax.

Lucky you, maybe I'll get back down that way some time soon. I'd really like to be able to spend more time there looking around. I was in sort of a rush since I needed to be in Columbus to work early the next morning.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Outpost is always a must stop on the way to GA. They have expanded and have a pretty big reloading section now as well as more room for the gun displays. They have a lot of black guns, kinda like Elmores only much bigger, they usually have some NFA stuff to look at too.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Well I talked to the wife and she's agreed to driving over to Christiana, TN and to the exit on I-24 where The Outpost Armory is at on our way home from Pulaski Sunday.:rockwoot:

Sweet talked her with the "taking a drive thru the country" on the way home, and see some other scenery.:yesway: She said she didn't mind, and I don't know when I'd ever be down that way again. +1 for me!:D

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    We made it over to The Outpost Armory today on the way home, what eye candy they have there.:rolleyes: The wife was with me.... need I say more?

I was looking for a fiber optic pin for the front sight on the AR, they didn't have one and again the wife was with me so all I ended up buying was a couple of Pmags. $13.00 apiece is about as good a price I've seen anywhere. Also was wanting to load up on some Tula .223 ammo since my PSA upper eats it like candy but their prices were pretty high. Around $3.00 more per box than Walmart.

BTW, could I purchase a firearm in Tennessee being a resident of Indiana?:dunno:

Top Bottom