• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The Patriot Act was not about terrorism. It is overwhelmingly used for creating a more efficient Police State to pursue non-violent crime. Police use this monstrous law to perform "Sneak & Peek" warrants, breaking and entering into your home, and leaving, without your permission or knowledge.

The Most Important Chart About the Patriot Act You'll See

One look at the graph above, from New York magazine's very thorough 9/11 encyclopedia, shows that those who decried the Patriot Act's civil liberties violations may have been right. The graph depicts the numbers of "sneak-and-peek warrants," those that allow authorities to search private property without immediately notifying the target of the investigation, issued under the Patriot Act from 2006 to 2009: 15 for terrorism, compared to more than 1,600 for everyday drug busts in America's tremendously misguided "war on drugs."
    full_1315423210patriotact.jpg

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    Sooooo..........

How do we get rid of the patriot act? :dunno:

Its obviously worthless, but what can we do as citizens to make it go away?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Without reading the article I believe it. I saw it as nothing more than a power grab from the get go. After 9/11 I believe if you had a serious suspect it would not be very difficult to get the appropriate paperwork in order to search, wiretap or whatever they might need to do.

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    and I don't seem them taking it away anytime soon. It seems we loose a little each day and we are going to really see more police state actions soon. The only problem is that I don't know what to do about it.......

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Sooooo..........

How do we get rid of the patriot act? :dunno:

Its obviously worthless, but what can we do as citizens to make it go away?
    Well for starters we need to stop voting for people who supported it and continue to support it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Well for starters we need to stop voting for people who supported it and continue to support it.

Obama didnt support it, but that didnt stop him from extending it. I seriously doubt any politician will do away with something granting them more power.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Without reading the article I believe it. I saw it as nothing more than a power grab from the get go. After 9/11 I believe if you had a serious suspect it would not be very difficult to get the appropriate paperwork in order to search, wiretap or whatever they might need to do.

Like any alphabet agency actually needed a warrant to do the same thing.

The only reason you get a warrant is so you can prosectue. If all you want to do is "disappear" someone, a warrant is just extra work.

The patriot act is just an extension of the drug war.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    September 11, 2001 - Towers Fell

October 26, 2001 - USA PATRIOT Act signed by Bush II

A complex legislation, hundreds of pages long, conceived, written, debated, amended, and passed by the House & Senate, then signed by the president within 45 days.

All done with pure, wholesome motives and good intentions.

AF Gunner

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    North East, Indiana
    We have to stop allowing OUR Representative from using fear as an excuse to strip away more and more of our rights. It's time to give, or if we have to, take our country back!

Top Bottom