• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    To start, I know a lot of guys who carry the fixed blade version of this and I get it. What though is the point of making this in a folder? If I am going to carry a folder, why would it be something like this?

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Oh, possibly for the jurisdictions that do not allow the carry of fixed blades. Just a thought.

Yes, but that is not what I mean. The TDI was originally developed as a last ditch CQB knife that could be quickly deployed (for police officers originally). One of its claims to fame is the manner and speed which it can be drawn and put into play. Something not possible with a folder. I like the angle for its ability to conceal, not because it makes it a better knife. If you want a folder, there are much better options. Take away this knifes primary attribute and there is not much left.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    Well I think once again it answers a question that didnt need asked but in the old usefull vs will people buy the thing equation they may sell. As said in juridictions that forbid the fixed blade people may jump on them but seems kinda to miss the point in my estimation. Lots of better defensive folders out there I think.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Although I can only seem to find videos that annoy the crap out of me, here is a video for context. He makes some very good points around 5:40. YouTube - Knife Review: Ka-Bar Folding TDI Knife

Also, I agree that it's a waste. If I wanted a folder with similar functionality, I would just get a Karambit. YouTube - Emerson Karambit Wave Man, those things are sharp! Ask SingleSix how I know. :laugh:

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I would guess $$$ but also I'm sure they got plenty of people asking for a folder. I know there are plenty of fixed blades I would love as a folder and vice versa.

schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    If your AO doesn't allow fixed blades you could buy the folder and have a kydex sheath made to carry it in the open position. Technically/legally it's not a fixed blade, but it could be deployed like one.

Top Bottom