• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Well did they deport him? You have a link to the story?

Sorry, missed this, but better late than never.

I could not find the story I was referring to amid the plethora of ICE/MS13 stories out there now... IIRC, it was a 17 year-old dreamer on the East coast from either El Salvador or Honduras. Regardless, here's a similar, very widely covered story of a 23 year old dreamer on the West coast from Mexico. When ICE raided his house for his father, previously deported 7 times, now 8, he admitted to being affiliated with the Baja California Surenos in California, then moved to Washington to escape the gang, but still "hung out" with gang members. Now that he's lawyered-up, of course, he and the attorney deny that is/was the case, that he was coerced into that statement, and the tattoo innocently refers to his birth place.

I couldn't find any story indicating what he was doing with his dreamer status, so no idea if he is attending college, served in the military or even has a job... I think the lack of that information in the sympathetic stories speaks for itself.

Retired deputy explains how to spot a gang member in light of Dreamer case | Q13 FOX News
    Differing accounts emerge in arrested ?Dreamer' case | KING5.com
    'Dreamer' in Washington state still faces deportation as attorneys accuse immigration agents of deception - LA Times

Oh, and the latest story I found is that he is suing... apparently under the premise that since Obama deferred deporting him using prosecutorial discretion, now the Trump administration must do the same, lol! (i.e. Obama had discretion to prosecute or not, Trump doesn't)

Seattle ?Dreamer? sues following ICE arrest for gang affiliation ? GOPUSA

Oh, and this news article recounts some of the "benefits" the MS13 segment of dreamers bring to our country... including sexually assaulting a 2-year-old, raping and murdering teens, etc. You know, just the "highlight reel".

Illegal deported 4 times charged in sex attack on girl, 2

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Criminal Deported 7 times and keeps coming back.....

We need a three strike rule on this...... with a bullet for the prize. Not joking.

5.56'aholic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    <- tragic boating accident

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Always great to see the dems talking compromise, but when compromise comes knocking they don’t answer the door. The Dems and the left are looking more and more like the PLO everyday.

:yesway:

Absolutely right. Compromise so far as they are concerned is capitulation on our part on the installment plan.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Always great to see the dems talking compromise, but when compromise comes knocking they don’t answer the door. The Dems and the left are looking more and more like the PLO everyday.

Yup... I'm old enough to remember when compromise meant each side got something they want, even if it wasn't exactly what you might call a "fair" trade. Now, compromise in Democrat-speak means that the Republicans give the Dems everything they want, and get nothing in exchange. Apparently, no more candy store under Trump...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ning-deal-on-dreamers/?utm_term=.23f82087d1b8

After giving Schumer and Pelosi the "tease" on getting DACA for "free", now there is an equatible plan. In exchange for DACA:

1. Border wall funding and additional agents and immigration court judges
    2. Closing the door to the influx of more dreamers (if you pass it, they will stop coming, lol)
    3. Sanctions on sanctuary cities (gee, I though the SCOTUS ruled that immigration was the fed's purview)
    4. Cutting and re-prioritizing legal immigration (changing to more like Canada with priority on immigrants who bring skills, education and already speak English)
    5. Cuts on refugee numbers (sounds like basically returning to Obama-era and pre-Obama numbers... Obama left a poison-pill, doubling refugees AFTER he left office)

This is not only good politics, but IMO, good governing (good policies). It firmly puts a wedge between the far-left who demand DACA-only and the moderate middle who feel for the "dreamers" but also majority support all-of-the-above (except, perhaps, "the wall", but support some wall and border enhancements) to staunch the continuing illegal immigration problem.

ETA: And this BBC article indicates mandatory E-Verify is part of the package. :yesway:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41548363

Last edited:

5.56'aholic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    <- tragic boating accident
    Yup... I'm old enough to remember when compromise meant each side got something they want, even if it wasn't exactly what you might call a "fair" trade. Now, compromise in Democrat-speak means that the Republicans give the Dems everything they want, and get nothing in exchange. Apparently, no more candy store under Trump...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ning-deal-on-dreamers/?utm_term=.23f82087d1b8

After giving Schumer and Pelosi the "tease" on getting DACA for "free", now there is an equatible plan. In exchange for DACA:

1. Border wall funding and additional agents and immigration court judges
    2. Closing the door to the influx of more dreamers (if you pass it, they will stop coming, lol)
    3. Sanctions on sanctuary cities (gee, I though the SCOTUS ruled that immigration was the fed's purview)
    4. Cutting and re-prioritizing legal immigration (changing to more like Canada with priority on immigrants who bring skills, education and already speak English)
    5. Cuts on refugee numbers (sounds like basically returning to Obama-era and pre-Obama numbers... Obama left a poison-pill, doubling refugees AFTER he left office)

This is not only good politics, but IMO, good governing (good policies). It firmly puts a wedge between the far-left who demand DACA-only and the moderate middle who feel for the "dreamers" but also majority support all-of-the-above (except, perhaps, "the wall", but support some wall and border enhancements) to staunch the continuing illegal immigration problem.

ETA: And this BBC article indicates mandatory E-Verify is part of the package. :yesway:

Trump wall: New proposal ties Dreamer plan to border clampdown - BBC News

great starting point for negotiations. It’s very middle of the road compared to what the left has been fearing, and fearmongering for that matter.

Top Bottom