• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This is a bad deal. After you go monkeying around with the natural flow of a river you can not go back to establishing the flow to a pre dam state without major consequences and not take into account the fact that over the years people down river have built around the the changes that were made with businesses and river trade and comunities. Sure they built levees but they could not anticipate them being able to handle the volume of water comming at them. This is not a flood situation that was created by mother nature alone and when lives are lost at the hands of these environmental radicals then someone needs to be held accountable.

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    I really am starting to understand My Grandpa's and Father animosity to tree huggers...

It's not just that. Which one of those wankers said; Never let an emergency go to waste? Or something like that. Sure, the weather has been a little crazy, but it seems like everything turns out to be an epic emergency in the last few years.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    It's not just that. Which one of those wankers said; Never let an emergency go to waste? Or something like that. Sure, the weather has been a little crazy, but it seems like everything turns out to be an epic emergency in the last few years.

Oh, no worries I already have a STRONG dislike for Politicians...

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Did I read that right, that everything was working as designed until the environmentalists decided that animals were more important than people, and the wonderful politicians who lately seem bent on destroying this nation, saw the opportunity to cause more harm and said "OK"?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    "Congress created a committee to advise the Corps on how best to balance these competing priorities. The Missouri River Recovery and Implementation Committee has seventy members. Only four represent interests other than environmentalism. The recommendations of the committee, as one might expect, have been somewhat less than evenhanded"
    It's bad enough to have the enviro radicals behind the push with this but when you get a Congressional committe involed the outcome is a sure recipe for disaster and they are just as culpable for any negative effects of their actions IMO

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have limited knowledge to what I have heard discussed on the radio and this article, but when all these flood control plans were created by the ACOE, wasn't there contingencies that should a large amount of water/flooding come down the rivers, they would open up some dams and levies and purposely flood mostly agricultural land to attempt to spare larger towns and cities? I believe it was stated that when people purchased this land that they had to sign off on the knowledge that this could happen... I have a disdain for over-regulation due to sketchy environmental purposes as well, but I also have some disdain for folks who complain when they have a catastrophe that they were informed might well come to fruition (ie, living under sea level then being shocked and surprised when your entire city is underwater....)
    Now if there was no warning or disclosure of this possibility up front, then I obviously have much more sympathy for those involved...

Top Bottom