• ...and so much more!
  • rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Just a note to add to the discussion.

A city/town in Comiefornia just announced it will no longer allow the construction of any new gas stations. When the current EPA permits expire those that currently exist will not be allowed to operate.

Sorry I didn’t capture a link, I thought about it to late. But bet it’s on line somewhere.
    Petaluma, CA

Reactions: Mij

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Ford has also quietly 'delayed' the EV Explorer program for '24 months'.

We have built tooling for this program that is currently on the boat from China. I guess it will go in storage for awhile.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Well, we already have the Ministry of Truth, and Ministry of Peace.
    Ya, what’s that tell ya?
    Speaking of which, anyone think that maybe NOT teaching such classics, was a mistake.
    Yes definitely. (Home school exception). From my perspective, Orwell may have been English but he was a man that saw beyond his time. JMO

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I know you can't get past your prejudices enough to look at them objectively.

Just for you though, from my personal experience.

1. We've been down this road before

Who cares? The vast majority of people don't know this, and why is that relevant for today's EVs.

2. They're more expensive than you think

First they complain about incentives or lack thereof. :rolleyes:

Then they say insurance is double an ICE car. Not sure where they are looking, but my 2023 KIA was about 20% higher than my 2019 Golf R. 4 years younger and 150% of the price.

The tires wear out quicker because these are heavier, they're low-rolling resistant and run-flat tires.
    We've already covered the heavier claim. Not sure why run flat is an EV issue. A note, my tires are neither low-rolling resistant nor run flat.

3. They depreciate faster than a Model S Plaid in Drag Strip mode

More exaggeration, but They are definitely way down from where they were a couple of years ago.

4. The charging infrastructure just isn't there yet

I'm sure this varies by area, but I really have no clue. I've never even tried to use a public charger.

5. Charging may pose hidden health risks

I can't find anything about this. A/C is a huge health risk?
    Lauren: [laughs] If you're sitting in the car while it's charging, you're not just exposing yourself but anyone in the car. So, it's like being in a microwave. It's alternating current, which is the problem.

6. The capacity just isn't there yet

Not sure why this would stop a person from buying an EV. The story about the company wanting to use more power than the whole village sounds like BS too.

7. They're bad for the environment ... and the roads

Fires are bad. The rest is kind of meaningless

8. They're about government control

Right up your alley. MY car is going to repossess itself. :rofl:

9. Nobody wants them

So I shouldn't buy an EV because other people supposedly don't want to buy an EV? The opinion is based upon people not wanting to rent them apparently. Hell, I wouldn't rent an EV. If I am on a business trip, I don't care about the cost of fuel. If it is for a vacation, I don't want the limited range.

10. They're bad for America

:rolleyes:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I know you can't get past your prejudices enough to look at them objectively.

Just for you though, from my personal experience.

1. We've been down this road before

Who cares? The vast majority of people don't know this, and why is that relevant for today's EVs.

2. They're more expensive than you think

First they complain about incentives or lack thereof. :rolleyes:

Then they say insurance is double an ICE car. Not sure where they are looking, but my 2023 KIA was about 20% higher than my 2019 Golf R. 4 years younger and 150% of the price.

The tires wear out quicker because these are heavier, they're low-rolling resistant and run-flat tires.
    We've already covered the heavier claim. Not sure why run flat is an EV issue. A note, my tires are neither low-rolling resistant nor run flat.

3. They depreciate faster than a Model S Plaid in Drag Strip mode

More exaggeration, but They are definitely way down from where they were a couple of years ago.

4. The charging infrastructure just isn't there yet

I'm sure this varies by area, but I really have no clue. I've never even tried to use a public charger.

5. Charging may pose hidden health risks

I can't find anything about this. A/C is a huge health risk?

6. The capacity just isn't there yet

Not sure why this would stop a person from buying an EV. The story about the company wanting to use more power than the whole village sounds like BS too.

7. They're bad for the environment ... and the roads

Fires are bad. The rest is kind of meaningless

8. They're about government control

Right up your alley. MY car is going to repossess itself. :rofl:

9. Nobody wants them

So I shouldn't buy an EV because other people supposedly don't want to buy an EV? The opinion is based upon people not wanting to rent them apparently. Hell, I wouldn't rent an EV. If I am on a business trip, I don't care about the cost of fuel. If it is for a vacation, I don't want the limited range.

10. They're bad for America

:rolleyes:
    When the government and media conspire together I will push back, you went along and now defend them and yourself. No significant portion of the people want an EV. This has been proven several times over nearly 200 years. They have failed to interest the market at large once again even though they were the subject of a massive propaganda campaign and even more massive government subsidies throughout the entire process. They are very bad for the country if we are forced to buy them, and with the mandates out of DC we are on the way…

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    When the government and media conspire together I will push back, you went along and now defend them and yourself. No significant portion of the people want an EV. This has been proven several times over nearly 200 years. They have failed to interest the market at large once again even though they were the subject of a massive propaganda campaign and even more massive government subsidies throughout the entire process. They are very bad for the country if we are forced to buy them, and with the mandates out of DC we are on the way…
    That is such a stupid take. I didn't go along with anything. I'm not going to explain again why I decided to get the car I did. If you don't know by now, there is nothing I can do to help you.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    When the government and media conspire together I will push back, you went along and now defend them and yourself.
    That is such a stupid take. I didn't go along with anything. I'm not going to explain again why I decided to get the car I did. If you don't know by now, there is nothing I can do to help you.
    What is stupid about it? Do you not acknowledge government/media conspired to push EV’s? You clearly are the thread defender.
    No significant portion of the people want an EV. This has been proven several times over nearly 200 years. They have failed to interest the market at large once again even though they were the subject of a massive propaganda campaign and even more massive government subsidies throughout the entire process.
    Is this not true? How many folks were desirous of an EV in 2000 but couldn’t get one?
    They are very bad for the country if we are forced to buy them, and with the mandates out of DC we are on the way…
    Without significant planning and infrastructure build out they are very bad for the country. And they likely are worse for the planet than ICE when the whole process is analyzed from raw materials stage to the disposal stage…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Top Bottom