• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Percolater

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Yes it’s worth a trip. Clean, well organized, and tons of info. Didn’t know Ford was so tight with Hitler. Also, there’s a rare Bugatti there that’s currently worth 32 mil, and the blood stained chair that Lincoln was shot in (Ford Theatre)

Attachments

• IMG_2713.jpeg
      IMG_2713.jpeg
      474.8 KB · Views: 9
    • IMG_2754.jpeg
      IMG_2754.jpeg
      557.7 KB · Views: 7

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The EV is quickly losing popularity among the people. In the face of such a mega propaganda promotion that they are losing ground is remarkable and evidence of the public has come to understand the limitations and do not want to deal with them.

Seven percent of Americans, up from 4% a year ago, report that they own an electric vehicle. That increase is matched by an equal decline in the percentage saying they are seriously considering buying one, from 12% to 9%.”

“Meanwhile, fewer Americans -- 35%, down from 43% in 2023 -- say they might consider buying an EV in the future. Thus, even as some people have moved ahead with their intent to buy an EV in the past year, public demand for the cars has contracted.”

“Overall, less than half of adults, 44%, now say they are either seriously considering or might consider buying an EV in the future, down from 55% in 2023, while the proportion not intending to buy one has increased from 41% to 48%.”

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The EV is quickly losing popularity among the people. In the face of such a mega propaganda promotion that they are losing ground is remarkable and evidence of the public has come to understand the limitations and do not want to deal with them.

Seven percent of Americans, up from 4% a year ago, report that they own an electric vehicle. That increase is matched by an equal decline in the percentage saying they are seriously considering buying one, from 12% to 9%.”

“Meanwhile, fewer Americans -- 35%, down from 43% in 2023 -- say they might consider buying an EV in the future. Thus, even as some people have moved ahead with their intent to buy an EV in the past year, public demand for the cars has contracted.”

“Overall, less than half of adults, 44%, now say they are either seriously considering or might consider buying an EV in the future, down from 55% in 2023, while the proportion not intending to buy one has increased from 41% to 48%.”

I'm neither happy or sad about that. Other than, the sooner things shake down to the actual demand, the less EV's might impact the price of other vehicles.

DapperDan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2016
    Southern Indiana
    Real world EV owner. Picked up a 2019 Chevy bolt at the end of march. 1 owner vehicle, 34k miles, battery has been replaced by GM due to recall, (all 2017-2019 bolt evs received a new battery due to the recall) battery warranty until 2030 or 115k miles. Fully loaded vehicle, every bell and whistle a 2019 Chevy econobox can have. My wife and I qualified for the federal used EV tax credit, which put the total out the door cost, tax, title, etc to $13.6k. I’ve put a little over 700 miles on it since I’ve owned it. I have a separate 200amp service to our 30x70 detached garage. Average monthly bill for the last year has been around $35. My latest bill after charging the bolt exclusively at home, using the level 1 charger that plugs into a standard 110v outlet, was a whopping $60. Basically $4 per 100 miles traveled. My V8 Lexus that drinks premium fuel, can’t go a half tank for the price of the electricity. It’s a great little car for us to use around town and to do short road trips. I never charge over 80% to help with battery life, but that equates to around 200 miles of range. Very pleased with the car so far. Fun to drive. It will be a 3rd vehicle for us as we’re both keeping our SUVs, will be unloading my older Silverado to make room for the bolt. EVs most definitely can be efficient for the right people. I would never consider having it as my only vehicle, but for the cost, and piece of mind with the warranty, it’s worth the risk for us. I’ll still be using my v8 gas guzzler earth destroyer so don’t hate on me too hard

IMG_5637.jpeg

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Just a note to add to the discussion.

A city/town in Comiefornia just announced it will no longer allow the construction of any new gas stations. When the current EPA permits expire those that currently exist will not be allowed to operate.

Sorry I didn’t capture a link, I thought about it to late. But bet it’s on line somewhere.

Top Bottom