• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    I used to put Sta-Bil in my motorcycles when I winterized them, but quit after two seasons. I've never had an issue with them starting in the spring, or clogging carburetors. I fill the tank to the top, close the fuel petcock, and drain the carbs. My experience echoes what Chevron says.

Have also left cans of 2 stroke fuel in the garage at the lake, they may sit around for a year or so but it all burns.

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    I think avgas (100LL) never goes bad. A fair amount of airport people keep it in their small engined tow dollies. Current price is $6.50 ish.

Also, I've got a 3 year old gas in the built in tank for the camper generator. I've been adding sea foam each year and it's running fine, gas smells like gas yet. But I'm guessing I should drain it.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Good on the marina tip. I remember we occasionally filled.our.boat up at marinas and they have ethanol free fuel.. it was crazy expensive though

My old boss's boat was running like crap and I told him he didn't winterize it properly and the carburetors were gunked up but the fuel was good (at least 2 years old marina grade premium) but he wanted me to drain the tanks anyway. Well I bought a couple of 5 gallon cans and filled up my explorer with it too. Over all almost 25 gallons. I got almost 25mpg with that stuff on the highway and I usually average 17-18 mixed.

Alan, I need to get some of that CountryMark fuel. Is the only station the one on Redbank and the Lloyd?

Top Bottom