• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Since we at the INGO forums have no NFA section, I'll post this here. Last year I bought an M16. It was actually an AR conversion done by Sendra pre-1986. I always had wanted an M16 and thought one would forever be out of my reach. Well, it just so happened that I found one that I could afford. She wasn't perfect, but she cought my eye anyway. Her journey to perfection is almost over, and so I thought I'd share the "rebirth" if you will...

Here is how she looked the day I brought her home. Note the rough selector stop and the diagonal imperfections in the anodizing.
    attachment.php

I sent her off to M60Joe to fix the selector stop and to do some work in the very tight magwell. M60Joe does excellent work. Here she is after M60Joe got done with her:
    attachment.php

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Next, the employee who did the conversion conspicuously forgot to add the "Auto" marking near the selector. I sent her out to Orion arms to get that marking added. While he had it, he went ahead and added all three markings to the right side as well. When I got her back from Orion, I sent her off to US Anodizing for removal of the old coating and a fresh application of Type II hardcoat anodizing that is MilStd. in the current MilSpec black color. US A also removed the diagonal scratches around the selector. I got these pics today from US A showing the receiver "in the white" before it went into the tank:

attachment.php
    attachment.php

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    The 'ol girl is in the capable (:):) hands of the USPS as we speak. I expect to have her back in hand by Saturday. I will post pics of the finished receiver and complete rifle as soon as I can.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Nick, you can shoot her anytime. You just name the when and where! Currently I have setups to run in Auto in .22lr, 9mm and 5.56.
    I have the perfect place.:rockwoot:

We usually shoot at my grandma's house. Apparently the new neighbors don't like us shooting and have called the police on us a couple of times. The first time the DNR officer said that they had a call about automatic weapons. I think we need to give them something to call about. :thumbsup:

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    That's absolutely awesome. The first firearm I ever fired was an M16A2. I've been hooked ever since, although I've given up on the possibility of owning one myself unless a miracle occurs and the NFA is repealed or the registry is reopened. Would you mind posting pics of your setup when you get everything all together?

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Update !

US Anodizing sent me some pics of the finished product. I couldn't be happier and I would highly recommend them if you need any anodizing done. Check out their website Welcome to US Anodizing
    Here is a pic of the finished lower:
    attachment.php

Compare that to my avatar for a nice before and after.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    That is flat AWESOME. :thumbsup:

I was jealous of the killer deal you got on the thing to begin with, and am doubly so now! Out of curiosity, what'd all the work and refinish set you back?

Enjoy it! :do2:

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    That is flat AWESOME. :thumbsup:

I was jealous of the killer deal you got on the thing to begin with, and am doubly so now! Out of curiosity, what'd all the work and refinish set you back?

Enjoy it! :do2:

M60Joe's work in the magwell and on the selector stop was $120. Orion's work on both sides was $100. US Anodizing's work to remove the scratches was $50 and the anodize was $150. Then you gotta figure 3 round trips via USPS Registered mail at $25 each ship...:wallbash:

Top Bottom