The Red Pill......Anyone else seen it?????

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I know. But it's still a nice discussion.
    Like over 90 percent of work place deaths being men.

The part that really got to me was the 15 year old boy who was raped by a 35 year old woman and when he turned 18 had to start paying child support....Maybe one of our resident Barristers can explain how that is even possible??????

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/09/02/statutory-rape-victim-child-support/14953965/

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/sep/2/statutory-rape-victim-forced-pay-child-support/

Maybe it's time to let our concerns be known....:)

[video=youtube;Xz8WE9tHKNI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz8WE9tHKNI[/video]

[video=youtube;ECVAJC2qwMA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECVAJC2qwMA[/video]

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Thats even better than the stories I have heard of men who paid child support for years finding out definitively that the child was not theirs due to infidelity, yet the judge refused to let them stop "for the good of the child" or because the kid would be harmed suddenly having reduced financial support from his former dad now male financier. Or because in the case below, he didnt protest soon enough.

Oklahoma Man Ordered To Pay Child Support Despite Not Being Father | Fort Smith/Fayetteville News | 5newsonline KFSM 5NEWS

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Maybe, maybe not. When was the last time you heard of somebody spreading cancer because they didnt tell their partner they were cancer positive?
    Not sure what that has to do with it? I've been single for several years, and did my research... it's virtually impossible (think lightning strike) to contract while practicing safe sex. Regardless, here is what we spend every year on AIDS/HIV:

8885-figure-1.png

I did find this which accounts ONLY for research... i.e. how to prevent, cure, treat...

Fair_Foundation_yellow-chart-March-2010.jpg

And, checking against 2017 figures, the research discrepancy has grown even larger.

HIV $3B 8,613 deaths ==> $348,068/death
    Prostate Cancer $300M 39,624 deaths ==> $7,571/death
    Diabetes $1.044B 245,016 deaths ==> $4,261/death
    Breast cancer $699M 50,427 deaths ==> $13,861.62/death

(note, breast cancer wasn't on the chart, but I think is instructive)
    https://report.nih.gov/categorical_spending.aspx

What makes a life lost to HIV 25 times "more valuable" than a life lost to breast cancer (the next highest)?

Politics!

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Thats even better than the stories I have heard of men who paid child support for years finding out definitively that the child was not theirs due to infidelity, yet the judge refused to let them stop "for the good of the child" or because the kid would be harmed suddenly having reduced financial support from his former dad now male financier. Or because in the case below, he didnt protest soon enough.

Oklahoma Man Ordered To Pay Child Support Despite Not Being Father | Fort Smith/Fayetteville News | 5newsonline KFSM 5NEWS

They go in to that as well...I had that happen to a good friend of mine...She was 12 when he found out she wasn't his...They divorced and he had to pay child support and I asked if that bothered him...His answer spoke volumes of him as a father..."Not really brother...I'm hurt but as far as I am concerned she is my daughter and the real father wants nothing to do with her or the mom...I on the other hand do...."

The funny part is the daughter feels the same way......She is a teen now and stays with him now that she has a choice...As far as she is concerned he has been the best "parent" she has ever had.....

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yes, its likely politics, but my point is that it was seen as a bigger threat because those cancers cannot be spread via any kind of interpersonal contact. You just get it. (more or less) If its contagious, its more urgent because it is happening due to behavior and is more important to stop.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Maybe, maybe not. When was the last time you heard of somebody spreading cancer because they didnt tell their partner they were cancer positive?
    I have a longer (lol) post, but a shorter retort is... for $2 and 5 seconds of my time, I can virtually guarantee not contracting AIDS/HIV.

Where is my similarly cheap and easy prophylactic against cancer, diabetes, heart disease, etc...

ETA: Doh! posted simultaneously. But, this still applies.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    They go in to that as well...I had that happen to a good friend of mine...She was 12 when he found out she wasn't his...They divorced and he had to pay child support and I asked if that bothered him...His answer spoke volumes of him as a "father"..."Not really brother...I'm hurt but as far as I am concerned she is my daughter and the real father wants nothing to do with her or the mom...I on the other hand do...."

The funny part is the daughter feels the same way......She is a teen now and stays with him now that she has a choice...As far as she is concerned he has been the best "parent" she has ever had.....

Yes, at that age with shared custody I would do the same. Maybe not my bio kid, but still my kid the same as I have been actively raising it. The few cases I have heard about that were ridiculous were ones where the dad was purposefully shut out and his only contact was w the mom for payment.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have a longer (lol) post, but a shorter retort is... for $2 and 5 seconds of my time, I can virtually guarantee not contracting AIDS/HIV.

Where is my similarly cheap and easy prophylactic against cancer, diabetes, heart disease, etc...

ETA: Doh! posted simultaneously. But, this still applies.

I dont disagree that it can easily be prevented from spreading. But it still spreads due to stupid, unlike cancer. If I have cancer I cant "forget" to do something that will cause you to catch my cancer. Or not do it because I dont know I have the cancer yet.

But we agree. Politics.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Yes, at that age with shared custody I would do the same.

Same here...She even has his mannerisms and quirks....

And thanks for posting in this thread...I was getting pm's and reps for it but it took folks a while to start posting in it...

It's an uncomfortable subject I believe....Hough would every now and again point some stuff out in threads about something else...When I was watching the film a couple of little tidbits Hough has posted over the last couple of years showed me (probably due to love of his sons) that he was aware of the double standards applied to boys and men regarding health issues, wages and fairness in the court of public opinion as well as the court of law...

Here's Ben Shapiro nailing Sally Kohn the double standard of the number of men in prison....

[video=youtube;RyC0GbsEKIA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyC0GbsEKIA[/video]

Last edited:

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    I dont disagree that it can easily be prevented from spreading. But it still spreads due to stupid, unlike cancer. If I have cancer I cant "forget" to do something that will cause you to catch my cancer. Or not do it because I dont know I have the cancer yet.

Oh, for the "good ol' days" when the primary concern of being single was avoiding unwanted pregnancies! Sigh!

ETA: Eddie Murphy had a particularly, ummm, lets just say poignant, yeah, I'll go with poignant, comedy bit about this. When it changed to be life threatening.

But we agree. Politics.

:D :yesway:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Yes, its likely politics, but my point is that it was seen as a bigger threat because those cancers cannot be spread via any kind of interpersonal contact. You just get it. (more or less) If its contagious, its more urgent because it is happening due to behavior and is more important to stop.

Very true. HIV is a virus, and viruses are shifty little buggers. Imagine it mutating so that it can be spread by less intimate forms of contact.:n00b:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The part that really got to me was the 15 year old boy who was raped by a 35 year old woman and when he turned 18 had to start paying child support....Maybe one of our resident Barristers can explain how that is even possible??????

Statutory rape victim forced to pay child support

Statutory rape victim forced to pay child support - Washington Times

Maybe it's time to let our concerns be known....:)

[video=youtube;Xz8WE9tHKNI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz8WE9tHKNI[/video]

[video=youtube;ECVAJC2qwMA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECVAJC2qwMA[/video]

Generally, the law addresses the "majority".
    Most of problems of child support.
    Most cases of violence are perpetuated by men.
    Most people that call the police are the victim.
    Etc.

But, they are not always true.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    It's on Hulu now guys....Netflix would not pick it up because it's too "controversial".....

To give you an idea of what she is going up against...Watch it while you can...The Australian TV channel is pulling this interview every where it shows up...It's pathetic the way they treated her....

[video=youtube;xvLsslFEv7k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvLsslFEv7k[/video]

This one's worse....

[video=youtube;4vFpbjTaEYs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vFpbjTaEYs[/video]

And someone who let's her have her voice....

[video=youtube;H5y-BZyOxDg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5y-BZyOxDg&t=411s[/video]

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    [video=youtube;3WMuzhQXJoY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WMuzhQXJoY[/video]

Still promoting this film.....Jamil got me back on this track by posting a Jordan Peterson video....It's on Hulu....

I saw the movie. Some good info.
    She's right about people demonizing opponents. Both sides do it.

Top Bottom