• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    good to know.

I'm still debating on taking to a processor or doing myself.

Takes a while for one to aquire everything you need, grinder, cooler, the skill to do it

It doesnt take a whole lot of skill but the more you do the better youll get just like anything else. It may cost a little more up front but its way better in the long run. You know your gettin your own meat and you know it stayed fresh the whole time. The same cant always be said of a processor.

hountzmj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    SE Indiana
    Either Dad or I will take the head, hide, hooves, bones etc to our property and dump it for the critters.

Sometimes I have a relative that is looking for coyote bait and I'll haul it over there for him. He likes to shoot them from his deck and a gut / waste pile helps him out.

knoxace

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2012
    I have them processed . yote bate sounds good to me . but if you dont have a back 40 why dont you dig a hole and bury it . you can do it at night make sure your neighbors see you doing it . when the cops show they will dig it up and remove it . problem solved . lol just bury it. 3 feet should be good .

kirch86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Last year was my first year processing them myself. I don't think I will ever bring one to a butcher shop again. IMO it is very rewarding. I dumped the scraps in the garbage double bagged.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    If we get lucky in the warmer months, will probably take to a processor.

But if we get luck towards the end of the season, I will probably try to process at least one myself.

simpleman44

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    white county
    I work on a hog farm and we compost our deads in saw dust. I just throw them in and bury them. You can do the same thing makes good fertilizer for your garden when its all absorbed.:ingo:

jath08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Greencastle, IN
    Double bagged and set out for garbage if its trash day otherwise dumpster. If you set out for trash be sure its defianately doubled or even triple bagged. Had a trash guy jump about 10 feet out of his socks last year when a chunk of rib came plopping out of a bag when he picked it up. His buddy died laughing and so did I peeking though the blinds.:whistle::evilangel:

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I would just leave it in the woods. My kids loving finding the bones when they are out playing in the woods.

2012-09-10_19-38-05_479.jpg

This is one of there most recent finds. They really felt like explores that day.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I run it all through my Jack LaLane Juicer 2000....that baby has a 40hp motor and runs on kerosene.

Then we jug up the juice and use it in chili and stews.

I don't care for the hair...but what the hell, it was free.

BStarkey 46947

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    When I do self process, left over's are dumped in my woods. Our woods has a deep ravine on a remote county road, many deer carcasses are dumped in there yearly. Possum, coons, and yote's love it.

Top Bottom