• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I do not like Di Caprio. Glad he wasn't in this movie (you forget who is playing Glass rather quickly and are not reminded until the credits).
    Definitely not a date move (just watched it with oldest daughter and her BF). She loved it. I think he is still squirming.
    I don't know what to call the movie..........dreary, gritty.....and brutal.
    Nobody cheered in the revenge sequence. Everybody was silent leaving the movie.
    It's 8 degrees outside but I'm not numb from the weather.

Well done, just not sure if I really enjoyed it or not.
    Definitely must be seen on the big screen. And worthy of the $4 I paid to watch (most movies are not).
    Art major, and a nasty critic, yeah I think there some errors and stuff that detracted from the overall movie.........but so minor as to be tolerated.
    Some movies give the viewer multiple feelings while it plays. Not this one.
    IMHO this film makes hunting coyotes in the most crappy of winter weather like going to Disneyland.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    One of the things in this movie that was awesome is the way the fight scenes were filmed. No constant switching of camera views to give the illusion of action.

The battle to start the movie had one or two cuts in it. The complexity to shoot a seen with that many fighters, moving over terrain and into the water in two shots is mind blowing. The results being the best Indian fight to hit the big screen.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    This is one of those movies you watch once every ten years.
    You must see it on the big screen first though.

BTW, I thought the movie "The Patriot" sucked. Grand production and special effects are not enough.
    But then some B movies are quite enjoyable.

Jeremiah Johnson I watched at the theater as a kid. It was good then, and tolerable now. Had some charm.
    It might be a 1 in 5 years watch ;)

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    To be honest, it's stuck with me. I want to watch it again. That's more than I can say for a lot of movies, especially most of the new(er) films made.

Top Bottom