• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Finally made it to range. 50 yards w a couple types of ammo. Had only 20 rounds down the GM bbl before testing. Was 1.5" groups, no real trend observed.
    At about the 120 round count groups tightened a bit. Figure burn some junk through it for another hundred, clean and foul a few, test again.

U4MZ9Wm.jpg

Best one for the day, even w the breeze....tolerable I guess. Ran HV stuff, no standard V or match ammo yet. Will be hunting rig (without bipod of course).

Sn187hQ.jpg

Nice looking rifle, How do you like the new benchs? Next time if you see a new blue chevy 4x4 and a blue ranger 4x4 at the rifle range stop in and chat.
    Heres one of my rimfires, Had it out today with the others with there rimfires. Two of us shooting different ammo today to see if anything is new and better in either of our rifles.
    I had my Cooper 57 out, and well It shoots like a Cooper. Lots of fun today with the wind gusting.
    View attachment 70256
    View attachment 70257
    View attachment 70258

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

Why did you need that option? I have it on a few rifles, buy honestly I don't believe I've ever used it with it's full intent.[/QUOTE]

Only rifle i've had that the bolt handle would ride up enough that it wouldn't fire. Missed a few opportunities because of it and sent it down the road. 3 position safety or even a 2 position that locked the bolt down would have solved the problem.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    @ JBLee, definitely looking good out of the box. Is that about what it did before?

I don't think I'm going to put any more money in my 455 as it's about as good as I could ever detect, given my limited shooting skills. I could have a 1/4 MOA rifle and never know it.

Although I must admit, a big part of me is dying to try that 24" CZ barrel for $190 and see if it's any more accurate (it would also be a lot quieter without a can).

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    That rifle is sharp! I’m a member there. Benches are nice but I wish they would have left a bay open in each section for prone.

Thank you,
    That was a big argument with the four of us on the bench committee and one person on the board. What one other person and I wanted was to have the two middle bays open but have a narrow table at each like the pistol range. One lower for the few members that use wheelchairs and a taller table in the next bay. With that either could have been used to shoot prone. We have two members in chairs but no accommodations for them. But the board changed it along with the benches we designed. What we designed were tables with three legs and no other supports, to make it easier to police up brass and trash.
    We voted on putting concrete pads with the new roofs but there never is enough members that show up to the meeting to actually get good things for the members that actually use the club. Concrete like holding Appleseeds were a heated debate and sadly, voted down buy the old men that never use the ranges and only go to the meetings.
    We have the money to do so many good things with the club, but not enough members show up to the meetings to vote in needed changes.
    In essence, we have members that run the club that aren't shooters themselves.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    PSA: the ‘guide has Aguila Pistol Match for $25/brick! Just bought two more bricks.

buy cheap, stack deep.

Top Bottom