• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    My daughter who is a decent artist (13yo) made a back pack so she could adorn it with SW icons...and the title "Disney Destroyed Star Wars".

They have turned a SciFi icon into a SJW platform that is mediocre at best. As she said, they are not part of the story; they are just movies. Meh. Even their series moves from Clone Wars to Rebels was a huge step backwards. How do you use new technology and make the animation worse? Epic levels of fail. Disney sucks.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    I'm more worried JJ is going to screw it up. TFA was just a really good fan film of ANH. TLJ made me hope we were building in a new direction, but I'm starting to worry JJ is just going to rehash RotJ. JJ doesn't seem to want to make new films, just relive his childhood. Johnson at least wanted something new.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    C'mon folks, its a movie!!! Sheesh. If you don't like it, stay home.

Personally, I liked the first few and feel the music is great. Amazing it has survived so long.

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Watched the trailer. Not highly excited. I think that George was a wise man, he sold off his baby to Disney for some major cash. Disney makes ok movies but doesn't make over the top movies. Sad to say, I feel that Disney has made SW go to just great memories.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I'm going to watch it and hopefully it'll kindle the excitement in me for Star Wars again.
    Rogue One is the only episode I didn't like so far. I hated the ending but it did make a little sense in keeping with the theme.

I actually loved Rogue One. Only minor complaint is the obvious plot-tweaking to tie into SW:ANH at the expense of some of the storytelling. (It's been a while since I watched it, so I don't remember specifics - just that it was the impression I took away when I watched it.) Otherwise, it told the Erso story well, and [spoiler alert?] "everyone dies in the end" was such a refreshing change for a SW franchise movie.

As for SW: Rise of Skywalker: I don't know what to think of it, yet. I know nothing of what story will be told, but I am among the many who were jaded by SW:TLJ. The terrible treatment of Luke Skywalker, combined with the atrocious plot arc and character development from SW:TFA (Rey is a child of nobodies, Snoke is killed without ever being told who he is or how he came to power, etc.), left me less-than-excited for Episode IX. My final opinion of the third trilogy will depend entirely upon how the story is resolved.

As for the saga coming to an end: it could mean nothing more than the "Skywalker" saga coming to an end within the Star Wars universe. Or it could be blatant hyping of the "last Star Wars movie" (at least for a while, since the Mouse never lets anything truly die). At this point: who knows?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    A full erase REBOOT needs to occur and with the death of Fisher and Ford not wanting ANYTHING to do with SW it's pretty much over.
    Maybe go back to legends and do the solo kids story line. Maybe but frankly disney has just managed to jack it all up.

Excellent point. I was insanely disappointed when Disney retconned the entire SW EU, and labeled as "legends" 20 or 30 years of EU stories I had read and invested myself in (both in bookshelves full of books that have now been donated to the library, and in the emotional investment in the storylines and characters). I was willing to give Disney the benefit of the doubt, on the condition that they told a good story with the third trilogy and beyond. TFA gave me hope, and TLJ all but dashed that hope.

Top Bottom