• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    So should a casual fan re-watch TFA and TLJ beforehand? Saw them in the theater but not since.

You'll get the course correction references easier but this new one could be a stand alone really.

I still don't know who the knights of ren were supposed to be.
    The mystery of Snoke was was "explained" in about 5 seconds and I still don't know who or why he was put where he was.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    You'll get the course correction references easier but this new one could be a stand alone really.

The mystery of Snoke was was "explained" in about 5 seconds and I still don't know who or why he was put where he was.

I "think" the Knights of Ren was the group of apprentices that followed Ben when he left Luke's training. Another thing that maybe I missed, when Poe received the partial map to Luke the guy withthe map said that perhaps it would correct some wrongs; were these wrongs in general or something specific?

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I enjoyed the movie overall, and was very pleased with the end of the sjw nonsense.

That said, it is hard to figure how the same people that managed to conquer the entire galaxy would be so stupid as to build an entire fleet of star destroyers that are unable to navigate without assistance from a system that has a single point of failure? They didn't seem to learn much from building a Death Star that could be destroyed with a single shot.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Rise of Skywalker probably made me angrier than any single piece of media from the entire year.

r/saltierthancrait

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I "think" the Knights of Ren was the group of apprentices that followed Ben when he left Luke's training. Another thing that maybe I missed, when Poe received the partial map to Luke the guy withthe map said that perhaps it would correct some wrongs; were these wrongs in general or something specific?

Knights of Ren are a dark-side cult of “dark Jedi” who follow Ren. They’re not apprentices, nor are they associated with Luke’s former students. They’re force sensitive but not on the level of sith or Jedi. Dark Jedi is a loose term that just refers to dark side users who aren’t jedi or Sith. They’re not necessarily former Jedi, but they can be Jedi who turned to the dark side.

I’m a little fuzzy on this part. As I understand it, Ren, the leader of the cult, was defeated by Ben Solo after he turned to the dark side, at which point Ben Solo took on the name Kilo Ren, and became the leader of the Knights of Ren.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Knights of Ren are a dark-side cult of “dark Jedi” who follow Ren. They’re not apprentices, nor are they associated with Luke’s former students. They’re force sensitive but not on the level of sith or Jedi. Dark Jedi is a loose term that just refers to dark side users who aren’t jedi or Sith. They’re not necessarily former Jedi, but they can be Jedi who turned to the dark side.

I’m a little fuzzy on this part. As I understand it, Ren, the leader of the cult, was defeated by Ben Solo after he turned to the dark side, at which point Ben Solo took on the name Kilo Ren, and became the leader of the Knights of Ren.

I'm guessing something like the Emperor's Hand in the now non canon books. https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Emperor's_Hand

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Rise of Skywalker probably made me angrier than any single piece of media from the entire year.

r/saltierthancrait

Angry? A movie?

Two reasons I've encountered why people haven't liked RoS:

1. Some version of, it violated George Lucas's Star Wars universe.
    2. They liked Last Jedi and this movie undid everything Rian Johnson established.

So far, the people in group 1 aren't so much angry as they are disappointed in Disney's re-imagining of Star Wars. The only people I've seen actually angry are the people in group 2. So do you fall into either reason for not liking it?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

In short, Snoke was the puppet, and Palpatine was the puppet-master. I suspect that the cloning attempts may have been attempts to clone Palpatine himself, so he could transfer his spirit - but all the Sith Eternal could manage was a Force-bearing being that could be controlled/manipulated by Palpatine.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Angry? A movie?

Two reasons I've encountered why people haven't liked RoS:

1. Some version of, it violated George Lucas's Star Wars universe.
    2. They liked Last Jedi and this movie undid everything Rian Johnson established.

So far, the people in group 1 aren't so much angry as they are disappointed in Disney's re-imagining of Star Wars. The only people I've seen actually angry are the people in group 2. So do you fall into either reason for not liking it?

Yes; this, exactly. It is a subset of those who believe that The Empire Strikes Back was the best movie in the entire franchise - the subset who think that because it was the most non-Star Wars like of all the movies. Rian Johnson's version was so edgy, avant garde, and anti-everything the vast majority of people love about Star Wars. They were definitely the hardest hit by The Rise of Skywalker.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Also re: general hux...

He was the resistance spy... just because he hates kylo ren.
    This is the same guy that was a super space nazi in TFA that gave the order to destroy multiple planets and 10’s of billions of lives.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Also re: general hux...

He was the resistance spy... just because he hates kylo ren.
    This is the same guy that was a super space nazi in TFA that gave the order to destroy multiple planets and 10’s of billions of lives.

I had a very similar reaction. That was one area where Abrams really overplayed his hand. The setup for Hux being the spy was just too obvious, the way Ren was treating him even more like a child than previously.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I had a very similar reaction. That was one area where Abrams really overplayed his hand. The setup for Hux being the spy was just too obvious, the way Ren was treating him even more like a child than previously.

They could have had that stuttering delToro character come back as a double agent etc and it would have worked far better.

" su su sorry I was just getting the cash the fir fir first time... I was with you all along." etc.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I've heard it was good from other sources as well. I may have to get this. I haven't gamed in quite some time as everything got too complicated, especially multiplayer, but I hear this has a good story driven, single player campaign. Thanks for the review.

Coming back to this, I got a deal on this game and have been playing for probably a couple of weeks now. Really liking this game so far. Been a bit since I did any real gaming or got into one, and this one is pretty decent.

Top Bottom