• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deranged222

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Just watched the movie last night since the DVD was released. The movie is about a disaster strikes and SHTF. A man and his son are trying to head south to the ocean in hopes of finding warmer weather and a semblence of civilation.

Very dark movie, but I thought it was good. Shows the man and son scavenging to survive (about 8 yrs after the disaster). One thing I found interesting was how crucial shoes were to their survival (cold outside, shoes wear out from gathering and walking).

Anyway, I recommed as a good survival/ SHTF movie.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    this has been discussed on here a couple times. i still haven't seen them movie yet but the book was very good. i am interested in seeing the movie myself and may have to check it out tonight, i forgot it got release lol

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    If the real SHTF it will probably be kind of depressing also.

Na, nothing depressing about starvation, murder, infestation, disease, rape, and senseless destruction:D I think movies like this are good for people to watch as it should give some reality to the road we are possibly on.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I thought the movie wasnt so hot.

Could have been a lot better. I was very dissapointed.

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Na, nothing depressing about starvation, murder, infestation, disease, rape, and senseless destruction:D I think movies like this are good for people to watch as it should give some reality to the road we are possibly on.

Don't forget the ever popular canibalism...

I think that if things get that bad, I don't want to be here any more. When I read the book, it sounded like there was no vegetation growth anymore, no animals...only whatever pre-event food that hadn't already been eaten and humans to eat.
    I got the impression that it was at least the entire country, if not the world in that state. There would only be so much food available, and once that runs out, it is game over for any survivors. No wild food would probably be available for decades, even if the skys cleared immediately. So existance in that scenerio would be a long and lingering death. Not a SHTF scenerio I would want to live through.

match14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    South Central IN.
    I thought near the end of the movie they found a small plant that was growing and a beetle. I don't remember either of those in the book though. Overall I thought it was decent to good. I don't understand the part with the raging fires, or that huge ship that was beached on the ground. I would have preferred more action scenes, and maybe some more "good guys" in the movie, or even just ones who weren't cannibals.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    I read the book and loved it, but is the movie too graphic for 10 - 13 Y/O girls? I would probably only be able to handle watching it once, and don't want to screen it before everyone in the family watches it.
    What's everyones take before I pick it up?

ghunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    nap-town
    I read the book and loved it, but is the movie too graphic for 10 - 13 Y/O girls? I would probably only be able to handle watching it once, and don't want to screen it before everyone in the family watches it.
    What's everyones take before I pick it up?

I say no on the kid watching. The movie was not as disturbing as the book, but was disturbing nonetheless. That said, the movie did the book justice.

deranged222

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I would agree with ghunter on the kids watching the movie. Some scenes, such as teaching the kid how to shoot himself if he had to, could be pretty disturbing to the little ones.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    Watched it yesterday and it was interesting. I would have liked more backstory on exactly what type of disaster happened that would kill the trees and animals, but not humans? Also, would think he would have been able to find more weapons/ammo in the stores.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Needed more backstory, absolutely. Watching the movie it leaves me wondering how THIS GUY made it so long...

Some neat things to consider, and many things I think that were very unlikely to happen; like the big noisy truck laden with guys with guns and clubs... after that many people have died I'm sure there would be no lack of guns available, and the noisy truck is just asking to be ambushed by anyone with half a brain...

Could go on, but I don't want to demolish the decent movie ;)

Antelope08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    New Palestine
    OK movie, not for children. A one time watch. One of those you keep watching to see what happens next, nothing really does. Just the same dark, day to day survival story. Never any real action. A bit on the dark, depressing side.

Top Bottom