• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Parker I read this thread while back and never put 2 and 2 together, nice shooting with you. Wish I didn't have to pull out of nationals, maybe next year.

It was good shooting with you. Thanks for the mag pouch help. Maybe it works out so we'll shoot nats together next year. Between now and then hopefully you can make it down to south central gun club for some local matches.

Parker

parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Ammo crono'd, minor load adjusted and verified. Loading of match ammo started last night. Last LF training day is this evening after work. Then time to start packing. Been working on my packing list all week as I think of something I add it to the list. Trying not to bring the kitchen sink as we will be driving and I don't have a lot of room between the wife and three kids and what they are packing! HA. Been working on all match mode trianing with a focus on hard and partial targets.

parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    So how'd it go?

And how would you rate the experience of going there?

More details to follow but I got 6th in a class and 53rd overall in production.

Best part was I got 3rd on a stage! Cool thing was I wasn't trying to burn anything down just shooting my sights. Still working on editing vids, here's the vid for the above referenced stage.

https://youtu.be/c4r8z3UoolQ

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    More details to follow but I got 6th in a class and 53rd overall in production.

Best part was I got 3rd on a stage! Cool thing was I wasn't trying to burn anything down just shooting my sights. Still working on editing vids, here's the vid for the above referenced stage.

https://youtu.be/c4r8z3UoolQ

Glad to hear you're home safe. How did the boys and your lovely wife hold up?

parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    More nats!

https://practiscore.com/results/new/68687?q_division=2

Check out the YouTube channel:

https://youtu.be/AYOYivILnQ8

I'm uploading stage vids as I get a chance. I've got footage from 3rd person and first person hat cam from basically all 21 stages with multiple strings. Plan to do a hind sight report and training plan series once the videos are all done being edited.

A lot more content going up on Instagram just due to ease of use.

Instagram handle:

Uspsaspiderman

parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Anyone else capitalizing on dst silliness? I mean using our stolen hour from earlier this year to train more?

My plan; wake at 0430 to condition the new time in. Wanting to get up at 0430 and DF 30min starting in December. Typical start time is 0500.

What actually happened; woke up at 330 dressed eat breakfast and read 3 verses only then to realize that neither my wife or I (my job really) never reset the alarm clock. Easy mistake I guess as all the other clocks, phones, devices all change themselves... After convincing myself in the pre awake stupor (channeling shawn of the dead here) that every clock I looked at had NOT auto updated again by accident to the wrong time (what I clearly preceived at the time as the most likely), I reset the alarm clock to the correct time and went back to bed fully dressed and ready for work. Then because my alarm is set for 0430 I woke up 32 minutes later more tired and dumbfounded than at 0330....

I proceeded to put in my contacts verify all my keys, knife, wallet, and phone were all in my pockets (I had fallen asleep with most of it in my pockets...) I then proceeded to the car.

After a VERY long 36 minute drive and a stop to fuel car and "wake up" a little, I made it to work at 0524. The entire way I was thinking how blurry eyed I am and how if I just get to work there will be CAFFEINE. Caffeine now brewing I realized I have my contacts in the wrong eyes...

Eyes switched, lights on, caffeine being consumed.

BRING IT ON DAY!!!

#uspsa
    #daylightsavingstimesucks
    #bringiton
    @uspsaspiderman

parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    So how'd it go?

And how would you rate the experience of going there?

Nats was a cool experience. We traveled down under the guise of a family vacation. Made the cost much more doable. Registration was cheaper last year as it was "the nine days of nationals".

2019 will be 125 more I think. But at almost 300 in registration I think it is totally worth it. The experience was awesome and I got to meet so many famious shooters. Yes a was a little star struck, my wife was making fun of me...

That aside I was able to shot the exact stages they did and later watch video of them verses my video and compare hits, time, video. That is priceless in my opinion. Also finishing 53rd I won enough loot to pay for my registration fees.

All in all worth it if a November vacation to Florida is your thing! ;)

Top Bottom