• kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Have seen the 9E at a couple area shops, for $320-345 . I like the look of the angular slide, and larger slide serrations compared to the SR9.

renauldo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 7, 2013
    2 close 2 Illinois
    I bought 9E yesterday. $350. I believe the carry option now available in Illinois, is screwing gun prices here in N.W. Indiana. I see Illinois buyers in local shops like never before. The gun is pretty decent. Of course I haven't read the instructions but theres a notch in the barrel rear at 12 o'clock that used to accommodate the "hook" that was the front part of the loaded chamber indicator. I'll bet you can see the rear of the case through the notch if it's loaded. There isn't an inserted mag safety. Slide serrations are easier for me to grasp than on the SR9. Lack of 2nd mag is a real pain in the butt. I'll get one eventually. This gun will free up my G26 and become my beside pistol. I'd guess (without substantiation) that Ruger sells 2-3 SR9c's for every SR9. The compact is more versital (sp?). If that's the case a 9Ec may never appear.

scotrinaf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2014
    Blountville
    I found the best place to get the magazines online... Cheaper Than Dirt... You can get two for under $56 including shipping if you choose "Surepost" for your shipping...

Ruger SR9, SR9C, P17, and P19 Magazine 9mm Luger 17 Rounds Steel Blued Finish 90326

I ordered my Ruger 9E from budsgunshop.com, then realized I should've ordered from a different site b/c I could've saved over $25... :( Cheaper Than Dirt also has the Ruger 9E for $309.XX, Buds was $330...

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/Search.aspx?site=All Products&num=15&q=ruger+9e&fgb=t

Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I found the best place to get the magazines online... Cheaper Than Dirt... You can get two for under $56 including shipping if you choose "Surepost" for your shipping...

Ruger SR9, SR9C, P17, and P19 Magazine 9mm Luger 17 Rounds Steel Blued Finish 90326

I ordered my Ruger 9E from budsgunshop.com, then realized I should've ordered from a different site b/c I could've saved over $25... :( Cheaper Than Dirt also has the Ruger 9E for $309.XX, Buds was $330...

Cheaper Than Dirt! - Search Results

Thanks for sharing. You did right by ordering from Buds. You will find a lot of people around here would pay an extra $20 and not order from CTD. CTD has a rather poor reputation for price gouging. Just wait till Hillary gets nominated by the Dems and then go check their prices.

Personally I would have bought the gun at my local shop. By the time you pay Buds and a small transfer fee the cost is within $5 anyway.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    ...When they said, "Everything you need and nothing you don't" I automatically thought, no safety, no mag disconnect, no chamber indicator, no engraved safety warnings. I guess I was wrong.

Good list of things I don't "need" either. Disappointed but not surprised. Seems to be the way of Ruger semi-autos these days. I do applaud them for the cost cutting model though.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    This 'economy version' of the SR9 is what I am currently recomending to all my friends and relatives who are looking for pistols.

I'm not wowed by the SR9 compared to the other availible wonder 9's, but it is still obviously a solid and reliable pistol. It may not be the best in my personal opinion, but you certainly can not go wrong with one... and for SUB $400? Thats a deal breaker.

I don't think you can get any more pistol for the price at current. Its exactly the ticket for someone who wants a reliable major brand 9mm for home protection, but doesnt have or want to spend a lot of money.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    My buddy has small hands and he rented an SR9 that he was really comfortable with, and shot well. From the ones I saw for sale at the shop, there was about $40 difference between the two models that were in stock at the store, and the shop wanted $35 for an extra magazine. Not much of a savings in the long run. Even if you mail order magazines, you end up with some shipping and wait time, so the actual price difference between the two models is pretty small.

I really do not care for the loaded chamber indicator, it is an answer to a question that I never asked.

Last edited:

scotrinaf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2014
    Blountville
    Thanks for sharing. You did right by ordering from Buds. You will find a lot of people around here would pay an extra $20 and not order from CTD. CTD has a rather poor reputation for price gouging. Just wait till Hillary gets nominated by the Dems and then go check their prices.

Personally I would have bought the gun at my local shop. By the time you pay Buds and a small transfer fee the cost is within $5 anyway.

Actually, with TN sales tax at 9.5%, my cost at a local gun shop with $10 background would've been $435.96, so I saved a lot of money by going online, but I could've save another $20-$25 at CTD and one other site I found... :( CTD is normally horrific on shipping prices from what I've seen on their ammo, but their gun shipping rates seem reasonable (for now)...

Also, I ordered the magazines this morning, I've already received tracking information...

scotrinaf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2014
    Blountville

Cheaper Than Dirt! - Search Results

Looks like my mags will be delivered tomorrow. :) Yay!!! I try to keep 3-4 magazines on hand for any pistol I own... :)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Reviving a bit of an old thread... noticed that GrabAGun has these for $299 before shipping and FFL fees currently: Ruger 9E Centerfire 3340 Black 9mm 4.14-inch 17Rd Online Gun Store!

I have a friend who is interested in buying a gun, is not really a gun person and had certain requirements (that would not be the same as mine, but that he wanted in a firearm) that the SR9 and the 9E would meet,so was checking out this thread to see what the consensus was on them. Looks like people have good things to say about them, and the price is right.

Radco

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2015
    Bangor
    Not sure why they do not call it a SR9E, But all the part list show it with the SR9 :) Either way I love my 9E. Cann' t wait to get night sights for it if they ever come out

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    I think Ruger makes a good product.

I have a few Rugers, and while they are not my favorite firearms, they are more than serviceable.

I did buy an SR9c when they first hit the market and I was looking for a new carry pistol. I don't carry it much anymore, but I would if needed with no hesitation.

jbmayes2000

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    Vincennes
    What kind of transfer fees do you all run in to when you have it shipped to your local FFL holder? And do you still pay tax on top of the $299?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    oldfish15
    Top Bottom