• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TK312

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Cicero
    A little ****hole bar-n-grill in Noblesville/Cicero area. I was OC in there with no issue until I got up from the bar to look at the jukebox. I am assuming this old guy was the owner sitting at the end of the bar. He saw that I was carrying and then proceeded to talk **** to my wife asking her if she was carrying also.

At the same time the bartender walks up to me and says, I can't allow you to carry that in here. I said, you don't have a sign stating that there are no firearms aloud. She said, it's state law you can't carry that in here. To that I said that's fine.

I walked back to the bar to finish the beer I ordered and this guy (again I am assuming the owner) says, you can see why this needs to be addressed? I said, nothing needs to be addressed, I am a law abiding citizen exercising my 2nd amendment rights. He said, I was a cop for 30 years, you have no need to carry that. I'm just trying to provide good customer service. I said, well this is one customer you won't have to ever worry about coming back in here. Well im glad your a legal gun owner, look at my background and look at yours.

I paid my tab, no tip of course, and left.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I know the place though I've never been in. It just strikes me as someplace I wouldn't enjoy myself. The bartender needs to go back and read the law to the best of my knowledge you can carry in a bar.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I'd probably have had a bit more fun with them if they'd chosen to stay engaged in conversation ;)

...but I can also appreciate the succinct manner in which you finished your business and left.

TK312

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Cicero
    I'd probably have had a bit more fun with them if they'd chosen to stay engaged in conversation ;)

...but I can also appreciate the succinct manner in which you finished your business and left.

I really wanted to, but I was trying to have a good time. The wife and I don't get out much with a 4 and 6 year old at home. We went to another place to finish the night off.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I certainly would have responded to the bull**** "It's state law you can't have that in here..."

Never let people make **** up without pointing it out. It just makes them feel like they win.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    You have to love people quoting the law without a clue. Single digit IQ at best. There are better places to spend your time and hard earned money.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Law or not if the owner says he doesn't want you in there OC ing then you gotta go. Don't blame you for leaving even if you wasn't asked too.

Fawkes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    I would never go back there, I was tazed and jailed for 18 hours for public intoxication in 9/12 after leaving the SP when I was just walking peacefully home. NPD are chock full of idiots looking for victims.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I think you'll find that most bars don't really like people carrying in their establishment. Just seems that drinking and guns don't go well together to most people and they have a fear of the two mixing. As for the Sandpiper,it's always been a dive but use to be the hot spot back in the mid 80's. Comes down to what the owner approves of not the state. Next time try Wolfies down the road and see what they think about open carry.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    I walked back to the bar to finish the beer I ordered

Guess I'm of the opinion that you shouldn't drink (yes, even though you're not drunk) while carrying.

That's the part of the story where I go from supporting you, to seeing their point of view.

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    That is why I prefer to CC. With the owner spouting laws that don't really exist, or some half drunk red neck with a loud mouth who thinks he wants to show off to his half drunk red neck friends, I would rather CC than go thru that crap. Even thou OC is very legal, sometimes, when you and the little lady is out for a good time, it is not worth the bull.... that sometimes you have to put up with.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    This sort of thing is why I never open carry. It's no ones business whether I have a weapon on me or not . If some BG came in to rob him I bet that a-hole would wish he hadn't made you leave.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    I certainly would have responded to the bull**** "It's state law you can't have that in here..."

Never let people make **** up without pointing it out. It just makes them feel like they win.
    This^^^^...definitely this^^^ not only would I have corrected there expert law opinion I would have pulled out my phone and asked them for the IC that states its illegal so I can read it. I can't stand idiots.

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm with the few others who have mentioned this. Drinking and guns, like drinking and driving, don't go together. If a worst case scenario happens and you have to use your carry gun to defend yourself (which is, of course, the purpose of carrying), a DA is going to nail you to the wall for having any alcohol in your system, even in a self defense situation.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Guess I'm of the opinion that you shouldn't drink (yes, even though you're not drunk) while carrying.

That's the part of the story where I go from supporting you, to seeing their point of view.

Pretty much this. Any amount of adult beverage consumption and having to use the sidearm will put you in a bad light. JMHO of course.

-CM-

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm with the few others who have mentioned this. Drinking and guns, like drinking and driving, don't go together. If a worst case scenario happens and you have to use your carry gun to defend yourself (which is, of course, the purpose of carrying), a DA is going to nail you to the wall for having any alcohol in your system, even in a self defense situation.

I'm not supporting anyone drinking and carrying.....

But you do realize that in Indiana you can operate a vehicle legally with a BAC under .07.

So you are considered legal under the law to operate a speeding 4000 pound projectile without repercussion....

But people say you don't have the mental and physical functions to carry a firearm.

:dunno::dunno::dunno:

So what is it, are you people equating having one beer equivalent to being drunk?

Now about the Sandpiper.....

I've delivered beer there on more than 3 or 4 dozen occasions to determine that if there was 2 places left in the state of Indiana to drink (which I don't, or ever have) or eat, being the Sandpiper and some of the rundown places you may have driven by...

I would take the one of the rundown places because I have seen first hand what Sandpipers kitchen and food/beer cooler looks like, and I have delivered over a thousand places in Indiana and I rate them in the bottom 25% in cleanliness.:alcoholic::puke:

or have something to eat

Top Bottom