Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The press is free to ask questions. The interviewees are free to decline to speak.

So you think this is totally ethical behavior?

Sure, the press is free to report the truth, or report lies.
    "Hands up don't shoot."

They are free to report news, or manufacture it.
    Treyvon Martin was just an innocent little boy just bringing his brother a refreshing beverage and candy, and was hunted down and murdered just for walking while being black.

The press is free to ridicule and deride. If necessary, use surrogates to do the dirty work. I think THIS generation's press are heinous cowards. Instead of directly issuing death threats themselves, they get their surrogate progressive hipsters to do it.

They paint the targets, their partners deliver the ordinance. Because the end justifies the means.

Awesome system and exactly what the founders had in mind for the role of the press.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Speaking of the RFRA in Arkansas, don't worry... Miley Cyrus has this handled.

Miley Cyrus goes after Republican senator: 'Let's stir some s*** up!' | TheHill

and it looks like her fans did what they were told. Sen Tom Cotton’s office not answering and mailbox is full.

If you look at the replies to her tweet, you can see none of her followers know about or care what she's saying. It's a human DDOS.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And if Pence signs it, he will have just signed a wholly unconstitutional law, as it clearly prohibits the free exercise of religion.

This is the way the world works now. Go along with the crowd, or get death threats. Today's generation obviously approves of that.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Just cancelled and requested refund from Angies list. Won't support the haters

Cancelled mine, let us know if you get a refund. They included an earnest note explaining their position. Glad to know that corporations are people and can have opinions. I guess Citizens United wasn't so far-fetched after all.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Cancelled mine, let us know if you get a refund. They included an earnest note explaining their position. Glad to know that corporations are people and can have opinions. I guess Citizens United wasn't so far-fetched after all.

Just cancelled and requested refund from Angies list. Won't support the haters

Just cancelled mine as well . . .

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Here's where we disagree. To make such a claim using the RFRA, the person would first have to show that the service in question represents a substantial burden to the exercise of religion. That hurdle is not a guarantee. I find it hard to believe that a court would reasonably find that taking a cupcake out of the display case, and handing it to someone in exchange for money, represents a substantial burden on the exercise of religion.

And even if that hurdle can be cleared, the government entity then has the opportunity to make a case that the substantial burden is in furtherance of a compelling government interest, done in the least-restrictive way possible. The right of public accommodation is the compelling government interest, and I can't think of any less-restrictive means to further that interest.

This is exactly what people opposing it DO NOT UNDERSTAND. It has to place a significant religious burden on the person/company. I read about the changes... sounds like the whole law has been gutted.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I doubt it will make much difference; as a Wall Street Journal editorial said this isn't Indiana targeting gays, it is "Progressives" attacking religion.

That's exactly what this is. If anyone doesn't think so, just read the comments left by these so-called tolerant progressives on any news article about the bill.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    This is exactly what people opposing it DO NOT UNDERSTAND. It has to place a significant religious burden on the person/company. I read about the changes... sounds like the whole law has been gutted.

The idiots have turned the Religious Freedom Restoration Act into the Religious Freedom Criminalization Act.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom