• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kart29

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011
    Got out coyote hunting today - first thing this morning and last thing this evening. Had nothing on the morning stand.

This evening I was calling my best spot at last light. Called for a good half-hour and nothing happened. It got too dark to see so I pulled off my camo headnet, put my calls in my pocket, unslung my rifle and was all done. For some reason I decided to pull out my pocket binoculars and take one last look around. WHOOPS! There was a coyote trotting out into the field right in front of me. I never would have seen it without the light gathering effects of the binocs. Well, I dropped the binocs and threw up the rifle and by golly I could see him through the scope just fine. BANG! 86 paces away and a nice hole right through the chest. This summer's practice in the high-power shooting league really helped my shooting abilities.

He was a whopper too. I didn't weigh him but he had to be well over 40 pounds. Biggest coyote I've ever shot or trapped... which isn't many, I guess.

It's about darned time! I haven't shot a coyote for the past few seasons.

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Nice

Awesome job! Some pics of that yote would be cool though. I got out last night from 11-2 and saw two, but did not have any shots. I heard about 20 though. Could not get them to come in to the call. :dunno:
    Again, Great job!

Top Bottom