• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Foxfire

Plinker
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Seymour
    I thought about getting a Mosquito but got a p226 conversion kit in stead.
    Runs great with everything. Mostly run subs with a suppressor

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I enjoyed the Mosquito I had, but it's been gone for 5 years or more now. And I don't think that I've ever wished to have it back.
    It was my first impulse gun purchase. It certainly wasn't the last.

I don't think that its disappearance is going to leave a hole in the market.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Had one, sold it to get a "real" Sig 229 classic .22.
    Very happy with the 229, and have acquired a .40 centerfire kit for it from Central auto parts, and a .357 barrel from Maui Wowie on Sigforum. Both sources good to deal with.
    The centerfire upper is flawless, and the .22 runs great till it gets seriously caked up. Meaning several hundred rounds.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I wonder if the new .22 is the .22lr version of the 938? I was surprised to see that they were offering a variety of 938 versions in .22, including a longer barreled version and a TB version.

P938 22LR Rosewood Target

The MSRP is around $650, which puts it at $550-ish in stores. I'm not sure what the Mosquito sold for, but this new 938 might just be its replacement.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Why do the P22's get so much hate? Both of mine run thunderbolts like it's their jobs. If you get the updated magazines, there are very few problems.

Because the early early early pistols made 10 years ago had some documented problems, and this is the internet ... So nothing ever dies, and only the bad things are remembered... And this is an internet gun forum, so you have to consider that +90% of the opinions posted here are influenced solely by other inexperienced posts that person has read on OTHER gun forums. Basically, you have to take things with a grain of salt here, and expect ignorant people to spout off about gun they have never owned.

I've had two Walther P-22s, made in different years, produced after the updates. Both were totally reliable with every 22 ammunition available - The first one i had fired around 10K carefree rounds through before the zink slide cracked. The second one I did the "Bible" mods on out of the box, and it was still going strong about 5K rounds later when I sold it to a friend.

The triggers were mushy and terrible on both of them, but they were very reliable, and accurate enough for what they were.

I CANT say any of that about the Sig Mosquito I got for my mother. It has never run properly with anything but CCI mini mags, and sometimes it doesn't even run with that.

Top Bottom