• ...and so much more!
  • repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Went to the LGS looking for the 220 Carry Legion and ended up with a P320 FS Tacops... how did I not know about this having 21+1 capacity... they had $100 off, so it seemed like a good buy. Comes with 4 mags. I think the regular FS mags fit as well, so I will have to pick up a couple of them.
    Nice deal. Sounds like lots of fun.
    I'd seen a nice P320 today as well. I have a feeling that I should get that next. Although a P229 Legion would be pretty sweet too.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Went to the LGS looking for the 220 Carry Legion and ended up with a P320 FS Tacops... how did I not know about this having 21+1 capacity... they had $100 off, so it seemed like a good buy. Comes with 4 mags. I think the regular FS mags fit as well, so I will have to pick up a couple of them.

Nice score, but at this rate, you are NEVER going to get your P220 Legion! I am waiting for you to buy yours so I can drool over the pictures and range report for a while before convincing Mrs. Helix that I *have* to have one!!! :):

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've got a P226 out and I'm going to keep rolling through the double action pull until I can do it without moving the gun without concentrating on not moving the gun.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    forgive me father for i have sig'd again, its been 5 months since i sig'd last...

but i have joined the "legion"
    View attachment 57336
    and now the whole family
    View attachment 57337

its not the 226 sao i wanted, but i got it used for a good price, wiped out a lot of my "emergency" gun fund, but it's worth it! now i cant wait to get to the range to shoot her!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    forgive me father for i have sig'd again, its been 5 months since i sig'd last...

View attachment 57336
    and now the whole family
    View attachment 57337

its not the 226 sao i wanted, but i got it used for a good price, wiped out a lot of my "emergency" gun fund, but it's worth it! now i cant wait to get to the range to shoot her!

You'll love it, fantastic gun! :yesway:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

View attachment 57336
    and now the whole family
    View attachment 57337

Welcome to the Legion :rockwoot:

Looks like you have a good group going now.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield

View attachment 57336
    and now the whole family
    View attachment 57337

Your SIGs have been forgiven my son. Say 4 Our Fathers, and then go out and shoot that P226 and report back!

Nice pickup, and a great family portrait! I have the Legion SAO and love it, but the hammer started following the slide during the first stage of the ACC Steel Challenge Match on Saturday, so back to SIG she goes for repairs. Ugh. Only had her since Memorial Day...

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Your SIGs have been forgiven my son. Say 4 Our Fathers, and then go out and shoot that P226 and report back!

Nice pickup, and a great family portrait! I have the Legion SAO and love it, but the hammer started following the slide during the first stage of the ACC Steel Challenge Match on Saturday, so back to SIG she goes for repairs. Ugh. Only had her since Memorial Day...

Sorry to hear that. Hate it when a gun develops issues. I've probably put a couple of thousand rounds through my Legion SAO without issues. Hopefully they can turn yours around quickly!

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Sorry to hear that. Hate it when a gun develops issues. I've probably put a couple of thousand rounds through my Legion SAO without issues. Hopefully they can turn yours around quickly!
    I know my Sig turn around was quicker than the 4 to 6 weeks. Not that it didn't feel long but I think it was 3.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    You know, I'd completely forgotten that I did send mine to Sig because the front sight stopped working. They believe the tritium vial was damaged, though I'm not sure how that could have happened. I sent the slide in to have the sight replaced when I sent my TacOps 1911 in for some love. I paid for expedited shipping, so I believe I had everything back in ~2 weeks.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield

I know my Sig turn around was quicker than the 4 to 6 weeks. Not that it didn't feel long but I think it was 3.

Yeah, thanks. It really sucks to be honest. I took her down to FedEx today for the shipment back.

I know there is no such thing as "good timing", but this was especially bad. Not only was I in the middle of steel challenge match, but I am also just starting to work up a new handload with some of the new RMR FMJ 124 gr bullets. Dang. All that gets put on hold for a few weeks now. I guess I work on the load a bit with my HK, but I really wanted to develop this load with the Legion as the primary gun for it.

Oh well, I am also working up a new .45 ACP load, so I guess I will focus on that for the next couple of weeks.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Yeah, thanks. It really sucks to be honest. I took her down to FedEx today for the shipment back.

I know there is no such thing as "good timing", but this was especially bad. Not only was I in the middle of steel challenge match, but I am also just starting to work up a new handload with some of the new RMR FMJ 124 gr bullets. Dang. All that gets put on hold for a few weeks now. I guess I work on the load a bit with my HK, but I really wanted to develop this load with the Legion as the primary gun for it.

Oh well, I am also working up a new .45 ACP load, so I guess I will focus on that for the next couple of weeks.

This is why you need at least two Legion SAO P226s.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI

You are right on timing, that does suck. At least it failed on a safe range. Hopefully you get it back quick. I still have the email contact there, if you need it.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I bought this just so I could post here. Finally bought my first non 1911 Sig. I can't remember when I have looked forward to a new hand gun so much in quite some time. Sig P220 Elite 10mm. cleaned and oiled and ready to test

20170718_060655 by Allen Moore, on Flickr

Top Bottom