• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • genXer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Latest Sig to pick up, a West German P228. All torn apart and ready for a good cleaning and new spring kit, SRT, and some new contrast sights to replace the dead night sights.

vY3v8i7.jpg

QsuWW1R.jpg

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    While waiting to send in my Sig P320 for the voluntary upgrade, I was wondering. After I get the mods to the P320, will I be able to order a caliber exchange kit and change my 320 Compact to say a 320 Sub-compact or will the caliber exchange kit have to be modified?
    It looks like I'll answer my own question. Looks like this isn't a good time to purchase a caliber exchange kit. This is from the Sig website: What about my CAL-X Kits?You should send any and all P320 slides with your shipment, as the striker(s) will be replaced, and the slide(s) will need the disconnector cut.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It looks like I'll answer my own question. Looks like this isn't a good time to purchase a caliber exchange kit. This is from the Sig website: What about my CAL-X Kits?You should send any and all P320 slides with your shipment, as the striker(s) will be replaced, and the slide(s) will need the disconnector cut.
    Thanks for letting us know what you found out. I have thought about getting a .357 Sig kit.

genXer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Very nice P228 pick up. Are you going with the HD night sights? Xray sights?

I'm just going with a set of standard contrast sights that I have in my parts bin. This will just be a range pistol so nothing fancy with the sights. I have been thinking about putting a set of X-rays on my 226EE to match my Legion, if I do that then I'll probably end up putting the standard sig night sights from the EE on the 228.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I'm just going with a set of standard contrast sights that I have in my parts bin. This will just be a range pistol so nothing fancy with the sights. I have been thinking about putting a set of X-rays on my 226EE to match my Legion, if I do that then I'll probably end up putting the standard sig night sights from the EE on the 228.
    Very cool. I need to get better sights for my P228, still has factory sights on it. Really want some Xray on there, already have crimson trace grips and most likely to be my carry when I get the permit again. Now I have a Glock 19 Gen 4, need better sights for carry as well. Funny and sad, those don't have Xray, but the HD night sights seem like the next best thing. Granted, I don't have the Sig or Glock tool to change either, so trying to find someone close whenever I finally buy them. Stupid bills,

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I bought one of those Sig kits when I bought that Israeli police P228 trade in. Haven't tried to tackle that yet. Between my eyesight and hand tremors, it might be a challenge.

genXer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Very cool. I need to get better sights for my P228, still has factory sights on it. Really want some Xray on there, already have crimson trace grips and most likely to be my carry when I get the permit again. Now I have a Glock 19 Gen 4, need better sights for carry as well. Funny and sad, those don't have Xray, but the HD night sights seem like the next best thing. Granted, I don't have the Sig or Glock tool to change either, so trying to find someone close whenever I finally buy them. Stupid bills,

I'm more of a fan of the Xrays as I like the green ring on them better than the yellow or orange on the HDs. I did have a set of yellow HDs on a 229 I used to have and really did like how the yellow ring on the front sight would glow for awhile when charged with light, but just for regular shooting I still like the Xray green better. I picked up a new sight tool not too long ago to replace my old universal one, and so far it's been great...a couple of sight changes and it pretty much pays itself off

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I'm more of a fan of the Xrays as I like the green ring on them better than the yellow or orange on the HDs. I did have a set of yellow HDs on a 229 I used to have and really did like how the yellow ring on the front sight would glow for awhile when charged with light, but just for regular shooting I still like the Xray green better. I picked up a new sight tool not too long ago to replace my old universal one, and so far it's been great...a couple of sight changes and it pretty much pays itself off
    Yea, I know about cost wise, single was much easier to justify me needing that tool and just keeping it to help others out.
    I am going to try and get xray if I can, but I don't think anyone else makes them besides Sig, so with my Glock, going the next best, although regular night sights still work great on my older Glock. Those are the same ones since 2000, hadn't replaced them, nor have a reason to.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yea, I know about cost wise, single was much easier to justify me needing that tool and just keeping it to help others out.
    I am going to try and get xray if I can, but I don't think anyone else makes them besides Sig, so with my Glock, going the next best, although regular night sights still work great on my older Glock. Those are the same ones since 2000, hadn't replaced them, nor have a reason to.

For Glock, you might try the TruGlo TFX/TFX Pro sights. I love them on my CZ's.

Pistoleer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Twelve Mile
    I'm thinking of picking up an M11 A1 from my LGS. It looked lonely sitting on his shelf. What do you think of it? This would be my first Sig.

Last edited:

Pistoleer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Twelve Mile
    Here is a nice picture of my ugly gun... P228 that belonged to Israeli police.
    I'm thinking of picking up an M11 A1 from my LGS. If I'm correct, it's essentially a P228. It looked lonely sitting on his shelf. What do you think of it? This would be my first Sig.

Last edited:

genXer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    I bought one of those Sig kits when I bought that Israeli police P228 trade in. Haven't tried to tackle that yet. Between my eyesight and hand tremors, it might be a challenge.

One thing I did find with the 228 Sig kit is that the new style trigger spring that it comes with will not fit under the old style grips. Ended up having to use the old trigger spring.

Top Bottom