G4ix4Lz.jpg

mOmHdvU.jpg

:rockwoot:

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I see Sig has discontinued the P250, P239, P227... wonder what is next.

I can see them dropping the 250, once you compare it to the p320, the p320 wins

I can see them dropping the 239, the specs on it are so close to the 225, it doesn't make sense to manufacture both (even though the price point on the p239 was lower than the 225, and I'm not getting rid of my 239 anytime soon!)

but dropping the p227? that's kind of stupid, same size as a 226 but holds 10 round of 45! only 2 more than the 220, but add the extended mag and you get 14?, its one I haven't bought yet, but one I wanted! in fact didn't sig say they were going to make a 227 legion?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    My understanding is the P227 sales tanked when those 14 round mags had issues. According to some of the guys on the sig group, they just needed a stiffer spring to be reliable, but apparently Sig just abandoned them and offered people the 10 rounders.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    View attachment 73598

I guess I'm to stupid to figure out how to rotate the picture, but heres my poor mans xcarry that I'm building into a racegun it started life as a p320 compact that I won in a 20 dollar nra raffle

p320 compact slide
    romeo 1 3moa dot
    gray guns trigger and competition parts kit
    sig threaded barrel
    x5 competition grip frame
    21 round mag (need a few more)

I still need the sight mount kit (it'll mount the romeo without any milling)
    a compensator (I know the one I want, its out of stock in black, and they're making a change so I don't know if it'll work with my barrel) its in stock in fde, but that'll look stupid with the rest of the gun being black

so for 660.00 ill have a x5 carry (built for steel) with a red dot for less than you can buy an xcarry without a red dot (whitakers has a used x5 for 730) and msrp on a new one is 1005.00 without a red dot!

I still need 4 more mags, a holster, mag pouches, and belt, but I should be ready for terre haute in june! (Atlanta arms area 5), along with my open rimfire pistol and open rimfire rifle

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Nice shootersix. I have seen some of the guys on a sig group putting the x5 grips on their regular 320s. I should try that since I am not sure I like the slide cut outs on the X series anyway. Let us know more on the sight mounts after you finish that. I have been thinking that I would like to try an optic but didn't want to buy a 4th P320.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Nice shootersix. I have seen some of the guys on a sig group putting the x5 grips on their regular 320s. I should try that since I am not sure I like the slide cut outs on the X series anyway. Let us know more on the sight mounts after you finish that. I have been thinking that I would like to try an optic but didn't want to buy a 4th P320.

I just ordered a p320 mounting kit from midway usa (36.04 total) that way I don't have to machine the slide, the xframe feels pretty good, the mag well is nice, plus they say the weight in the frame cuts recoil, I'm going to wait till it's all together before I hit the range

now all I need is the compensator, I was going to order one from parker mountain machine, it mounts with a crush washer like an ar15, id rather do that, all the other comps ive seen use red Loctite, and I really don't want to use that, because i'm sure i'll have to clean the barrel and comp sometime!, and I really don't want to take a torch to my gun every time I want to clean it!

they (pmm) have the dark earth comp in stock, but my gun is all black, and a fde comp will stick out like a turd in a punchbowl!

if your thinking of ordering the frame, i'd order one they're on sale at sig till sunday (44.99!) https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p320-x-series-grip-module-9mm-40-auto-357sig.html

I bought mine https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p320-x-five-full-size-grip-module-9mm-40-auto-357sig.html and used my 25% off discount for sending my 320 in for the safety upgrade so it was 78.44 after tax and free shipping! (mine has the removable mag funnel and grip weight)

I was kinda mad though I tried to use it on the romeo sight (it was 199.99, so 150.00 after the discount) but due to my mistake, I couldn't use it on the sight

I know I guy who has website, and has connections at sig, and says he heard that sig's getting ready to release a xframe that will take 15 round compact mags, if they do, that'd P!$$ me off, cause I have 7 compact mags, and NONE for a full size frame, so I have to buy all new mags for my "poor mans x5"

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I have the SIG P320 X-Five (full-sized), and I do love it. I have the SIG Romeo1 6 MOA sight mounted on the slide, which really gets it low to the bore axis compared to a dovetail mount. The thing is a really accurate shooter with the 5" bull barrel. I plan on competing with it in Carry Optics for USPSA this season if all goes well.

81dHwjA.jpg

ZvfUu1G.jpg

eDDKK7R.jpg

I1JDPow.jpg

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    Heres my 320 Full Size I’ve been shooting USPSA with. It’s wearing Dawson Precision fixed sights and an OD grip module w/talon grips. I would like to pick up the x5 but this will have to work for now. It shoots well. Me... not so much :(

1stLast&Always

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Indy No Place
    I've got a P226 out and I'm going to keep rolling through the double action pull until I can do it without moving the gun without concentrating on not moving the gun.

This! I have the 320 Compact with the flat Apex trigger and bar, been dry firing, dry firing. M m must n n not thin thi think... about that front sight moving! To boot the front sight is angled, so no dime testing. :(

It's forgiven if you Sig'd, I'm not sure it is if you planned to Sig?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This! I have the 320 Compact with the flat Apex trigger and bar, been dry firing, dry firing. M m must n n not thin thi think... about that front sight moving! To boot the front sight is angled, so no dime testing. :(

It's forgiven if you Sig'd, I'm not sure it is if you planned to Sig?

When did I post my message? I finally gave up on trying to master the double action first shot. It's too much work with my li'l raccoon hands. The SAO works a lot better for me.

Top Bottom