• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jzim

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2012
    Valpo
    My 226 is still probably my favorite thing in the safe. Currently I’m in the market to replace my EDC G19 with something smaller. Looking heavily at the p365 but have been searching around for a 225 for comparison. I can’t even find anyone who cares them (NW indiana)

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I also have the X5 Legion, and love it. I have the "regular" X5 with a SSI Tungsten grip, so I am already used to the extra weight, so that did not shock me too much. I can say that the Legion's extra weight is better distributed than the SSI grip and feels much better balanced in my hands.

my open class gun has the x5 frame with the weight and magwell and it's still a pound lighter!

which spring/load are you running on your legion? im really thinking about running it at our steel challenge match in 2 weeks

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    It appears I have contracted the disease in the form of a P365. Better than the Kahrs I am used to in every way. Looks like I will be selling the Kahrs soon and investing in more P365 or XL goodness.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    SIG M17

45394529_10217764335525729_5168517657791561728_o.jpg

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    My 320 compact is 1.71 pounds empty
    my 320 open class gun is 1.135 empty
    my 320 x5 legion is 2.84 empty

Well I'm confused.
    I just weighed my MK25 20+1 fully loaded with a TLR-1s. 2.9 pounds.
    Your empty gun is almost the same weight as mine.... full....and with light. :n00b:
    Mine does have an Alloy frame but still, Why is your gun so damn heavy?

OK, I'm reading up.... I didn't realize they're using a chunk of Stainless Steel to make those Legion guns. And here I'm still wishing my MK25 had a nice heavy steel frame. My mindset has always been that all "Striker Fire" guns are tupperware.

Weird...... A heavy striker fire gun.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Well I'm confused.
    I just weighed my MK25 20+1 fully loaded with a TLR-1s. 2.9 pounds.
    Your empty gun is almost the same weight as mine.... full....and with light. :n00b:
    Mine does have an Alloy frame but still, Why is your gun so damn heavy?

OK, I'm reading up.... I didn't realize they're using a chunk of Stainless Steel to make those Legion guns. And here I'm still wishing my MK25 had a nice heavy steel frame. My mindset has always been that all "Striker Fire" guns are tupperware.

Weird...... A heavy striker fire gun.

the slide is stainless, the frame isn't!

tungsten metal powder is infused in the frame, it has a removeable tungsten weight (like the x5's) and a removeable mag well (the mag well isn't real heavy, but it pushes it over the 43 oz rule for idpa, if you remove it, its idpa legal), plus the steel guide rod all add weight! (43.5 ounces)

for some reason the sig website says the frame is stainless steel, its not

the shocking thing I took away from the weights on my guns is somehow, my 320 compact, with a x5 frame (with the mag well, frame weight, threaded barrel, compensator and sig Romeo) weigh LESS than my p320 compact without all the extras! either that or my daughters brand new kitchen scale is bad!

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    the slide is stainless, the frame isn't!

tungsten metal powder is infused in the frame, it has a removeable tungsten weight (like the x5's) and a removeable mag well (the mag well isn't real heavy, but it pushes it over the 43 oz rule for idpa, if you remove it, its idpa legal), plus the steel guide rod all add weight! (43.5 ounces)

for some reason the sig website says the frame is stainless steel, its not

the shocking thing I took away from the weights on my guns is somehow, my 320 compact, with a x5 frame (with the mag well, frame weight, threaded barrel, compensator and sig Romeo) weigh LESS than my p320 compact without all the extras! either that or my daughters brand new kitchen scale is bad!

Holy Hell!
    That some strange ****. So 320 Legends are still tupperware. Just weighted tupperware. I'm guessing this has to do with all those rules and regs with the shooting competitions?

Oh and my MK25 also has a threaded barrel with protector to add to all that weight.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    my open class gun has the x5 frame with the weight and magwell and it's still a pound lighter!

which spring/load are you running on your legion? im really thinking about running it at our steel challenge match in 2 weeks

In the Legion, I am running the SIG 12# spring that came as an option with the gun, in the standard X5, I am running a Wolff 12# spring, although I think I actually prefer the 11# spring. I need to do some more testing to be sure.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    In the Legion, I am running the SIG 12# spring that came as an option with the gun, in the standard X5, I am running a Wolff 12# spring, although I think I actually prefer the 11# spring. I need to do some more testing to be sure.

I guess I should have asked what bullet you're using, I shot mine on sunday I shot it with the 14# spring using 115 grain factory loads (federal aluminum case https://www.targetsportsusa.com/fed...grain-fmj-value-pack-cal9115100-p-107495.aspx )

I plan on shooting it at our steel challenge match on sunday, still on the fence about weather im using open sights or a red dot, I did add a delta point pro with the 7moa triangle (a friend is letting me try his out) I don't know if I like it or not.

of course i'm the only one shooting carry optics (as on now) so I might switch to my pcco, and next month I might shoot the x5 (next month they let us shoot 2 guns), I do like to win, but I hate to win being the only shooter in my class (pcco and rfro are the biggest classes)

but I have to say, I do like the x5 legion, shoots really nice!

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    i just saw these, ive got one for my 9mm ar (glock style) and it works perfectly

https://www.etsgroup.us/ETS-Magazines-for-SIG-s/1843.htm

might try one or two just to see how they run

they released these yesterday, if you buy from the website use the promo code ETSNM10 and get 10% off! I just ordered 2-17 rd (16.95 each) and 2-21 rd mags (21.95 each) that's about 1/2 price of factory sig mags!, I have a 30 round glock mag for my fx9 and I haven't had an issue yet! (in fact I ordered 2 more for it from gun mag warehouse for 14.99 each), so it was 77.66 for 4 mags shipping included!

I think the cool part about the sig mag is that it takes glock mag extensions (I have a few sitting around)

plus they're a Indiana based company

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I guess I should have asked what bullet you're using, I shot mine on sunday I shot it with the 14# spring using 115 grain factory loads (federal aluminum case https://www.targetsportsusa.com/fed...grain-fmj-value-pack-cal9115100-p-107495.aspx )

I shoot my handloads pretty much exclusively.

147 gr. RMR FP "Match Winners" over Sport Pistol - Power Factor ~132

and

124 gr. RMR JHP over Sport Pistol - Power Factor ~132

The factory loads that I have tried are definitely "spankier" than my handloads, so maybe the heavier spring will work better for you.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    If anybody has been looking for a 320 Legion, the Gander here in Greenfield has one for 899.00 which in itself is pretty good but they are running 15% off (50% off other merchandise-likely going out of business again) so that should make it approx 765.00.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I wish that P232 was closer... or maybe I don't :):
    I always thought about buying one if I ran across a nice sample of one.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    we'll im a dumbass! i ordered the ets mags from the factory (no online dealers has the listed yet), i got an email saying they were being delivered saturday by 8pm, by 9 when they wern't delivered, i logged onto my ets account, and i put my work street address (in kentucky) with my home city and zip (in indiana!)

so between saturday afternoon and today (monday, the package has been from evansville, to louisville, and now back to evansville) and i'm afraid it'll go back to louisville, but since its a holiday i cant contact the post office!

i'd hoped I could have used one yesterday at our steel match (to be safe, as I only had 4 mags) in my p320 legion, I got lucky and since my gun was open class (magwell and delta point pro were on it) I got to load 17 rounds in the mags, and on one stage (speed option) I shot 1 mag twice, and had one bullet left!

and how about a range/match report on the p320x5 legion!

yesterday was only my 2nd time shooting a centerfire pistol in steel challenge (the first time was my very first match, and I shot a 226 legion), ive shot rfro, rfpo, pcco so far, and out of 44 shooters I came in...41st, I really think the gun would be a great idpa/uspsa/steel challenge gun, the problems were me/ammo! I had a huge problem with the red dot, just finding it or losing it, so yesterday after the match I cleaned the gun, and removed the delta point, and put the adjustable sight back on.

another thing I noticed, (and I think im going to contact federal about it), was I shooting federal aluminum case 115 grain bullets, and when I was unloading after the match, I saw that some of the bullets were seated deeper than the others, when I loaded them in the mags, they were all perfect, so I think what happened was, as they chambered they got pushed back deeper into the shell, and if I saw that on those, how many didn't I see! (on one stage I was told I was shooting low, and I knew the dot was zeroed, I had sighted it in at that distance!)...I think that might affect the chamber pressure don't you!

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I have found that setback on some Blazer aluminum 45 Ammo.

i called federal and im sending some back for testing, they said it could be normal setback, they asked if i had another 9mm handgun I could shoot the ammo thru (yeah...yeah I do!), but im still sending a box of 100 back for testing plus im sending the 4 that were pushed back in the case from yesterday

the guy from federal didn't seam too worried about it, but why should he..."since im the one shooting them!"

Top Bottom