• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Will you be participating in the "Special Antlerless Season"?

• Total voters

1$Chuck

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus
    I'm going. It's about the only time I can get out in the woods because I'm off work. I don't have enough daylight after work to go and weekends seam to quickly get consumed with other projects and chores.

Last edited:

xM3RC1L3SS1x

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Southeast of Indy
    Since there's so many avid hunters here, I would like to ask you all a question. With the "special antlerless season," is it for muzzleloaders or firearms? I have heard both, but I want to find out from people who know for sure. And for those that want to tell me to contact DNR, please just keep that comment to yourself. Another question I have is with Atterbury, am i allowed to harvest a deer with a deer bundle license during special anterless season? I do appreciate any help. Thanks

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    The regs are available online. Page 23
    Digital Edition | eRegulations.com
    The licensing bundle is sex specific per tag, not season type.

Remember, not all places (as Willie pointed out earlier) are a "go" with the late antlerless special firearms season.
    And...............not all Reservoir or F&W areas honor bonus tags.

So...............hunting some places now is just bow only.

BTW, had a small 8 run in front of the Jeep last night at 12:30 am, in town (golf course). I didn't want the meat THAT bad ;)

Last edited:

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfied,In
    Be sure your county is a 4 and up....

13INHD-eRegs-Bonus-Ant_opt.jpeg
    bump....

Counties able to be hunted for the 2013/2014 late antlerless season are: Allen, Bartholomew, Boone, Brown, Cass, Clark, Clay, Crawford, Dearborn, Dekalb, Delaware, Dubois, Elkhart, Fayette, Floyd, Fountain, Franklin, Fulton, Gibson, Grant, Hamilton, Harrison, Hendricks, Henry, Howard, Huntington, Jackson, Jasper, Jefferson, Jennings, Johnson, Knox, Kosciusko, Lagrange, Lake, Laporte, Lawrence, Madison, Marion, Marshall, Miami, Monroe, Montgomery, Morgan, Newton, Noble, Ohio, Orange, Owen, Parke, Porter, Pulaski, Putnam, Ripley, Saint Joseph, Scott, Spencer, Starke, Steuben, Sullivan, Switzerland, Tippecanoe, Vanderburgh, Vermillion, Vigo, Warren, Warrick, Washington, Wayne, and White.

Last edited:

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Sorry to the OP,but it was asked.
    Last years EHD, way to many doe tags and the # of deer in parts of the state. Indiana I believe will see a sharp #'s decline all over the state in the next couple years look at some of the declines in neighboring states this year so far, it will be interesting to see what IN # are at the end of this year. I hope I am wrong, but still doesn't change my stance.
    I know some say Indiana will reduce #'s no matter what, but not on any of the property's we hunt I don't care how many permits/season's they have. Maybe in some areas of the state reduction needs done, but not in any we hunt

Totally agree with you on this. I've seen a lot of deer this year but just haven't had a shot. I will participate in the late season because I just want to put one deer in the freezer, but I am worried about the special antlerless seasons. I wish they would limit the late season to archery only. I think there are far too many does being taken (too many bucks too), between bonus antlerless tags, special antlerless seasons, and the really asinine reduction kills in the state parks.

I think we are going to see a noticeable reduction the deer population. I think future years are going to be tough hunting in Indiana. If you talk to some of the state property managers ( I have at Winamac), they don't like it, but the DNR is forcing them to participate. State property hunting is already bad compared to private land, and this will make it worse.

The reason why? I think it has to with the upper management in the DNR who could care less about the quality of your hunt unlike the DNR property managers who really work hard to make it better. The upper management are businessmen who are stockholders in the big insurance companies. Their goal is not to improve your hunting, but to reduce insurance payouts for deer-car collisions and keep more money in their own pockets. They could care less if the entire herd is decimated, they could care less about you. So guys, you really do need to police yourselves. Don't take more deer than you can eat in one year, or in the future, you may not even harvest that much.

I am happy to hunt late season with a bow. But I do not have access to private land and so I hunt state property. This is really going to make it difficult for archery hunters. Winamac is limiting the number of deer hunter in the special antlerless season to 50 total. Don't know how many will show because this is something new at Winamac. But if 50 gun hunters show up and all you wanted was to hunt archery, you can't hunt unless you are in the first 50. Most days this time of year Winamac doesn't even get 50 hunters, more like 30 or less, but who knows what will go down this next week. But if a lot of people show up and take 30 or 40 does off the property, then next year's hunting is really going to suffer as a result. Many state properties have not allowed bonus antlerless tags for years, and I have seen the buck quality slowly improve over the years. I am afraid that's all going to come to an end. I sure hope I am wrong.

Last edited:

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Since there's so many avid hunters here, I would like to ask you all a question. With the "special antlerless season," is it for muzzleloaders or firearms? I have heard both, but I want to find out from people who know for sure. And for those that want to tell me to contact DNR, please just keep that comment to yourself. Another question I have is with Atterbury, am i allowed to harvest a deer with a deer bundle license during special anterless season? I do appreciate any help. Thanks

You can hunt with any legal firearm i.e shotgun, handgun, legal rifle cartridge, or muzzleloader for the special antlerless season. Remember that you can not take a buck during special antlerless season with a firearm, you can only take a buck this time of year with a bow as archery season also lasts until Jan 5th. I plan on having a bow with me in case that nice buck comes by that I have not had a shot at yet!

Check this link for legal equipment during special antlerless season: http://www.eregulations.com/indiana/hunting/deer-seasons-licenses-equipment/

Last edited:

nkantzer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Rochester
    I should had a rough year out in the field did get a doe during Bow but would b e nice to get one more. Seems to be a slow year this year.

xM3RC1L3SS1x

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Southeast of Indy
    You can hunt with any legal firearm i.e shotgun, handgun, legal rifle cartridge, or muzzleloader for the special antlerless season. Remember that you can not take a buck during special antlerless season with a firearm, you can only take a buck this time of year with a bow as archery season also lasts until Jan 5th. I plan on having a bow with me in case that nice buck comes by that I have not had a shot at yet!

Check this link for legal equipment during special antlerless season: Deer Seasons, Licenses & Equipment | Indiana Hunting & Trapping Guide | eRegulations.com

Thanks for your help. Answered my question perfectly

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Not I we don't have many does around our area, so no I won't be shoot'n a doe late season.. my trail camera's have shown 7 different bucks and 2 big does and 3 fawns.i need them does . did shoot a nice nice 10pt..

Top Bottom