• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • remman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Has anybody had any experience with these folks? If so, was it a good or bad experience? Looking for customer service experience. I don't need a lecture on how they may or may not be cheaper than X store, etc. I can find that out by going to their website. Specifically, I'm looking at a knife that they have and am just wondering what they are like to deal with from a customer service standpoint.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    It's been several years since I bought from them, but the few transactions I had with them went well, always getting what I ordered and shipped in a timely manner. I never had to contact them about a problem, so I guess that's kinda what you're looking for.

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    They are good to go. Been in business over 35 years. I have bought many items from them over that time and never had a quality or customer service issue.:yesway:

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I buy something from them at least once per year. As a matter of fact I think I just bought some hard to find ammo from them. Not cheap but not too crazy. Got it in two days.

remman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    It's been several years since I bought from them, but the few transactions I had with them went well, always getting what I ordered and shipped in a timely manner. I never had to contact them about a problem, so I guess that's kinda what you're looking for.

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

They are good to go. Been in business over 35 years. I have bought many items from them over that time and never had a quality or customer service issue.:yesway:

I knew they've been around for a while, but had no idea it was that long. Thank you very much!

this is an awesome website :-) they are great, get stuff quickly, trackable.... nice on the phone :-)

Just what I wanted to know. Thanks!

Well, you guys have confirmed my suspicions. Guess I'm gonna go order that knife now. Thanks again!

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Has anybody had any experience with these folks? If so, was it a good or bad experience? Looking for customer service experience. I don't need a lecture on how they may or may not be cheaper than X store, etc. I can find that out by going to their website. Specifically, I'm looking at a knife that they have and am just wondering what they are like to deal with from a customer service standpoint.

Last month I got a tactcal sling and some winter caps. Also have a few mags on backorder (we'll see about those)

But to your question, try to find someone who's a member. Give them money and have them order for you. It'll save you a fair amount depending on how expensive your item is.

Also, google search coupon codes. When I got my sling I found an online code that worked or free shipping. Saved me 8.99! :rockwoot:

gdh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Crown Point
    I have bought from them a couple of times. Only problem I had I with them was years ago when they advertised 1970's Yugo 8mm ammo and they were actually selling 1950's Yugo 8mm, big differemce in quality of the ammo. Had to go through the trouble of shipping it back, they did pay for the shipping. Now their site says no returns on ammo.
    Have read that Sportsman's Guide was bought out by Northern Tool some time at the end of last year and I have always had good dealings with them.

wizard

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    Chesterton
    Ordered from them for a couple of years until they put a warehouse in Indiana so they added tax for Indiana without telling you when order placed Plus they still charge shipping rate from MN not Indiana warehouse. Does not say they charge sale tax anywhere but MN and WA Not a real big deal but still ....ed me off, with tax added I could have gotten a better price had I known up front. Canceled my membership.
    Sales Tax

We do apologize for any confusion that you may have about our sales tax policy. We do charge sales tax in MN and WA because we either have a warehouse, store front, or an affiliate located in these states and by law we must collect sales tax.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I bought from them last about 15 years ago. Be advised, once you are on their catalog list they will NEVER quit sending you catalogs. They followed me through moving 4 times into 4 different counties in Indiana, two moves in Illinois, and two moves in Texas. I closed on my current house and there was one of their catalogs in the mail box within a week. Their catalog staff is very dedicated. I wish my investment banker did that good of job!

They have some pretty interesting stuff sometimes.

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    I buy from them often and I'm a member. If you have a coupon code your savings will be pretty nice! No issues ever. Fast shipping too. They are good to go.

as someone said, you'll get emails and catalogues out the @ss, but I like the catalogues!

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We do a lot with them. Never a bad experience in 3 years of ordering from them. Make sure you research some of the less expensive items as they may be a disappointment. Look at the reviews.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    make sure you weed out which are guide gear and what is surplus or resale. I stopped ordering from them when they wanted to charge sales tax, shipping, and tax the shipping to boot. it just didn't seem right to me.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Agree with what'e been said here. Good prices if you're a member, lot's of good stuff, and I've been happy how you can track your orders and backorders on their website. I've received some stuff before the estimated backorder dates.

Overall I think it's a good site with very good prices. Always find a coupon online before you order.

richieray

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Kewanna
    always been pleased with service when i have purchased from them. Wish they had some ammo but I can say that about a lot of places

Top Bottom