• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I drank some of it, and not the cheap stuff either, but the Endura VG-10 Kool-Aid. I swore that I would never spend that much on a pocket knife. God help me, what have I started.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    not the one I wanted. I wanted the one with the G10 scales, but come to find out that was only a limited edition run. So I bought a green one with full flat grind. This will be the first knife I have had that did not have some kind of a liner. I don't know how I am gonna feel about this.

If only the Tenacious used VG-10 steel I would not be having this problem.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    not the one I wanted. I wanted the one with the G10 scales, but come to find out that was only a limited edition run. So I bought a green one with full flat grind. This will be the first knife I have had that did not have some kind of a liner. I don't know how I am gonna feel about this.

If only the Tenacious used VG-10 steel I would not be having this problem.

I'm not a fan of 8cr13mov in the low end spyderco / byrd stuff. I tried working out a huge chip in a buddies knife with it last night. My brother had a red label Benchmade in it, and it was a real turd. Seems to stain pretty easy too. Kind of reminds me of AUS-6.

Your Endura should serve you well, as they have the countless other folks that have bought them over the years. I'm a big fan of the full flat grind. VG-10 is pretty good stuff, but you should check out their ZDP.

Last edited:

Charlie2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Mooresville.
    I drank some of it, and not the cheap stuff either, but the Endura VG-10 Kool-Aid. I swore that I would never spend that much on a pocket knife. God help me, what have I started.

You never said how much it was or where you got it..???? Hope you supported our resident knife dealers....!!!!!

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    You never said how much it was or where you got it..???? Hope you supported our resident knife dealers....!!!!!

I got it for a grand total of 41.37 shipped to my door off ebay. Should be here tomorrow shipped from Grand Harbor Michigan.

As far as supporting the resident knife dealers, I tried. I asked about a few knives, but got no response. I still have hopes of getting a Benchmade Rift, and maybe a Spyderco Rescue. But my hopes for the Civilian in a plain edge have been crushed.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I got it for a grand total of 41.37 shipped to my door off ebay. Should be here tomorrow shipped from Grand Harbor Michigan.

As far as supporting the resident knife dealers, I tried. I asked about a few knives, but got no response. I still have hopes of getting a Benchmade Rift, and maybe a Spyderco Rescue. But my hopes for the Civilian in a plain edge have been crushed.

After exchanging 3 or 4 pm's over the last few days and me taking my time and some effort to explain to you the different types of steel that Spyderco uses, you requested pricing late wed. night (6-15-11). I was on the road all day yesterday and was not able to respond. You never gave me a chance... I was going to respond today with prices but came to this thread and saw that you had already made your purchase.

Last edited:

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    After exchanging 3 or 4 pm's over the last few days and me taking my time and some effort to explain to you the different types of steel that Spyderco uses, you requested pricing late wed. night (6-15-11). I was on the road all day yesterday and was not able to respond. You never gave me a chance... I was going to respond today with prices but came to this thread and saw that you had already made your purchase.

Welcome to my list of only 2 people out of over 15,000 on INGO that I will never do business with again...so don't waste my time anymore.

I think you're being a tad brash, but that's ok, I understand, I too often get a little brash. I think you may have missed the part about wanting to still get a rift from you, but that's ok too. I had no idea you didn't have access to internet yesterday, I'm used to quick responses on this awesome forum, because your last PM's were all very quick, I thought you were not interested. You should know how getting knives is, it's an addiction and you want your fix now.

If you have no intention of ever selling me a knife, that's perfectly fine, but I will still give you the chance the rethink things, because getting mad over an object like a knife is silly. And if you choose not to, that's fine, and I understand. At the end of the day, I'm still gonna be getting a new knife, have lost close to 80 pounds this year, and I still have a smoking hot gorgeous girlfriend, so there will be no ill feelings coming from me. Life is to short.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I think you're being a tad brash, but that's ok, I understand, I too often get a little brash. I think you may have missed the part about wanting to still get a rift from you, but that's ok too. I had no idea you didn't have access to internet yesterday, I'm used to quick responses on this awesome forum, because your last PM's were all very quick, I thought you were not interested. You should know how getting knives is, it's an addiction and you want your fix now.

If you have no intention of ever selling me a knife, that's perfectly fine, but I will still give you the chance the rethink things, because getting mad over an object like a knife is silly. And if you choose not to, that's fine, and I understand. At the end of the day, I'm still gonna be getting a new knife, have lost close to 80 pounds this year, and I still have a smoking hot gorgeous girlfriend, so there will be no ill feelings coming from me. Life is to short.

I agree that I was being a bit "brash", that is why I edited my post and removed the last statement, however you were able to respond before my edit was completed. As far as being mad.....not mad at all, this is not the first time you have gotten product info from me and Knife Lady and then turn around and support on line shopping. As far as my response time, I'm not on INGO 24/7...I'm sorry that you feel that a 24 hour response time was not good enough for you. Good luck with your future knife addictions.

Top Bottom