• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    OK, violation of my personal rule here not to debate 2A, but it just too easy...

and if that militia is called on by the Union and the people have been disarmed, are they supposed to use harsh language?

Makes me wonder, who is the Militia and who calls them? And how do they get called? Do they call the homes or send emails or post the call on an internet forum?

WJB63

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Lafayette area
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -Benjamin Franklin

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."-James Madison

"A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained in arms, is the best most natural defense of a free country." -James Madison

"When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty. " -Thomas Jefferson

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson

Here are just a few that pretty clearly outline the thinking of the framers. :dunno:

These are some of the best ones though there are many more. I am not sure how anyone, and I am talking the anti-gun and the anti-black scary gun people, can misconstrue just what our Founding Fathers wrote out in plain English. They feared that one day their descendants would have to stop a government that had been perverted by Tyranny.

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    These are some of the best ones though there are many more. I am not sure how anyone, and I am talking the anti-gun and the anti-black scary gun people, can misconstrue just what our Founding Fathers wrote out in plain English. They feared that one day their descendants would have to stop a government that had been perverted by Tyranny.

It is easy to misconstrue such a thing when you are doing so deliberately. It is much easier than trying to get the Second Amendment repealed.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    I am not sure how anyone, and I am talking the anti-gun and the anti-black scary gun people, can misconstrue just what our Founding Fathers wrote out in plain English.
    I'm sure. After having listened to them (mostly off-line) and/or read their articles over the past 20+ years. The answer is ...

It is easy to misconstrue such a thing when you are doing so deliberately.
    Nailed.
    They are deliberately intellectually dishonest. That's why they expend so much energy trying to redefine the terms in an effort to convince people that it doesn't mean what it clearly states.

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I didn't miss his point. I used humor as a tool to reject his premise.

The practical use of firearms in hunting is made evident by it's success rate in that use. Firearms are eminently successful for game hunting.
    That's your standard for practical use?

Not a student of logic evidently, because by your own standard the practical use of the firearm you seem to eschew has been proven for the last 50 years on the battlefield in that use. That the battlefield has yet to come to domestic U.S. soil is moot.

The practical use of modern mil-spec tactical weapons as a tool for a well regulated civilian militia to defend the freedom of Indianapolis, Indiana, the mid-west or the country has not been made evident to my satisfaction.

"being necessary to the security of a free State"

Not a student of poli-sci either or you'd understand that the "state" doesn't mean the specific geo-political unit of division in the United States of America. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say history isn't your forte either.

By the time you were satisfied the totality of evidence existed to support the practical use of a "tactial" firearm within the Contiguous 48, it would be too late. And hopefully, you'll still be in a position to beg your neighbor to save your sorry butt.

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    734342_447691998618256_425800832_n.png

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    So is the SCOTUS ruling from US v. Miller our reason to keep an AR-15? Hell, sounds like we should all have an M4!!! Am I reading this correctly?

Judge MCREYNOLDS, J., Opinion of the Court
    307 U.S. 174
    United States v. Miller
    No. 696 Argued: March 30, 1939 --- Decided: May 15, 1939

Cliff notes...
    Guy was busted with an unregistered NFA short barrel shotgun. Argued having to register it violated the 2A. Court said his shotgun was NOT commonly used by the military.

" Certainly it is not within judicial notice that this weapon is any part of the ordinary military equipment, or that its use could contribute to the common defense. Aymette v. State, 2 Humphreys (Tenn.) 154, 158."

Farther down, the need for a common military style weapon...
    "The signification attributed to the term Militia appears from the debates in the Convention, the history and legislation of Colonies and States, and the writings of approved commentators. These show plainly enough that the Militia comprised all males physically capable of acting in concert for the common defense. "A body of citizens enrolled for military discipline." And further, that ordinarily, when called for service these men were expected to appear bearing arms supplied by themselves and of the kind in common use at the time."

Info on this case was found here: United States v. Miller

Top Bottom