The Tea Party will support a big government loving nominee..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Noland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    N IN
    ..as long as he has an (R) after his name.

Tea Party to Back Any GOP Nominee

If they are going to support a candidate based solely on party affiliation, no matter who they are or what they stand for, then they really aren't necessary. We have a plenty of other political groups doing that job already.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    I'd suggest voting for whoever runs against Obama. He is as clear and present a danger as I can imagine.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    That's not what I read at all. I think their message is that they won't let perfect be the enemy of better, nor will they support a candidate that is just a vote splitter.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I'd suggest voting for whoever runs against Obama. He is as clear and present a danger as I can imagine.
    As sad as I am to admit it I might do just that. Heck I would probably vote for Dick Lugar if he was running against Obama. (Delmar hangs his head in shame)

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Who the **** is this *****? The Tea Party is so loosely organized that it's rediculous for her to think that she is the voice of the movement. All she is, is the mouthpiece for the GOP hijacked portion of the movement.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The Tea party Express is an explicitly gop run organisation. They were brought into being for the single purpose of taking over the TEA Party movement for the gop. Nothing more. That's why she's spewing the crap she is. Their main interest is in maintaining the status quo and keeping the gop in power. Sadly, they managed to co-opt many local and regional TEA Party groups and have managed to weaken the movement.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'll bet a box of ammo of your choice that even if a repub does actually win next year, the country will be worse of in 2016 than it is now.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I'll bet a box of ammo of your choice that even if a repub does actually win next year, the country will be worse of in 2016 than it is now.
    I would agree that the chances of turning this ship around are slim.

Some of the Dems I know claim that the Tea Party has "taken over" the Republican Party. If true, this would give me some hope.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Who the **** is this *****? The Tea Party is so loosely organized that it's rediculous for her to think that she is the voice of the movement. All she is, is the mouthpiece for the GOP hijacked portion of the movement.

Amen to that! I was thinking the same thing when I saw the video of her saying that. I was thinking: "No, we don't need a RINO or an "R" version of Obama, we need a LOYAL AMERICAN in that office!"

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    I've said several times it will be either a Democrat or Republican elected in November 2012. While none of the Republicans really excite me, ANY of them would be better than what we have now. Not perfect, but not Obama. The perfect candidate does not exist, and it is too late for wishful thinking we can go back to the Republic we were given by the Founders.

It is sad, but it also is reality.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The perfect candidate does not exist, and it is too late for wishful thinking we can go back to the Republic we were given by the Founders.

It is sad, but it also is reality.

That's the spirit! Let's all put it off and hope that WE live long enough to avoid the collapse. Our posterity be damned.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    That's not what I read at all. I think their message is that they won't let perfect be the enemy of better, nor will they support a candidate that is just a vote splitter.

Too bad the new definition of a vote splitter is someone who is right. I'll vote for the lesser of two evils if I feel it is necessary, but most of the GOP don't fall into that category for me. :dunno:

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    That's the spirit! Let's all put it off and hope that WE live long enough to avoid the collapse. Our posterity be damned.

And that perfect candidate is?:dunno: That could single handedly reverse all the things that are wrong? Name him/her? The "system" will NEVER allow anyone to do that anyway. IMO, IF such a person DID exist, and somehow DID manage to be elected they would be disgraced, or worse assasinated.

The problems we have are not really internal any longer. ALL governments are being manipulated by outside forces. It is global in nature. The game changed long ago, we are no longer masters of our destiny. NO ONE is, we are all pawns in someone's sceme. I don't like it anymore that you do. Bush was a pawn, as is Obama and so would Paul, Palin, et al.

That isn't to say I want this to happen, or I wouldn't do anything to try to slow it down. I just don't see any reason to waste all my energy fighting something I/we in the end are powerless to stop.

:twocents:

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    And that perfect candidate is?:dunno: That could single handedly reverse all the things that are wrong? Name him/her? The "system" will NEVER allow anyone to do that anyway. IMO, IF such a person DID exist, and somehow DID manage to be elected they would be disgraced, or worse assasinated.

The "system" was designed so that one person couldn't turn it around. Otherwise, it would be a dictatorship. As for the perfect candidate, you're right, they don't exist. However, that doesn't mean we should just settle for some big government politician because they're "better" than Obama.

johenz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Indianapols, IN
    No argument from me that the Dems are a disaster. And no argument from me that Republicans are not a whol lot better. I would argue that there are other choices available and that there's no need to choose the "lesser of two evils". Until folks lose their irrational fear of so-called "vote splitters", nothing's gonna get any better. Here's the alternative I found:

The Constitution Party of Indiana

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    No argument from me that the Dems are a disaster. And no argument from me that Republicans are not a whol lot better. I would argue that there are other choices available and that there's no need to choose the "lesser of two evils". Until folks lose their irrational fear of so-called "vote splitters", nothing's gonna get any better. Here's the alternative I found:

The Constitution Party of Indiana
    The CP is not an alternative in Indiana. They do not have ballot access and can't run candidates. They have years and years of work ahead of them if they wish to even become a vote splitting factor.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    the tea party never excited me. they never pushed hard enough for TRUE constitutional candidates. I really dont care what someone calls themself as far as party. I will only be voting for candidates who will vote for the constitution. whenever a politician tells you he votes for what the majority want (or pay for), you dont want that person!!! this is a republic. the constitution is like a speed limit sign. if you break the speed you break the law and you deserve to be punished. Its just like all of the recent new gun laws that were passed in indiana. first off, if the constitution wasnt trampled in the first place we wouldnt have even needed these new laws to fix the bad unconstitutional laws. and second, yes most of us here are gun people, we like them etc. but we arent looking for these new laws ONLY because we like guns! we look for the new laws or NO LAWS (preventing guns ownership or carry) because its what is right. not right by mans laws, but right by natural law, the constitution just writes them down so the dumb politicians cant screw it up and pass unconstitutional laws. I guess we have had some really dumb politicians for the last 150 years or so because they keep screwing up something simple.

all these dumb ass crooked politicians have to do is follow the constitution. but instead they try to overcomplicated it and make it fit their agenda which usually involves sticking their own hands in the cookie jar. MILLIONS of people say all the time that they dont trust politicians, but those same people are either missing on election day or they're like mindless ****s voting for the same dirty crooks over and over and over. I do not get it.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I will probably vote for whomever runs against Obama, lets just that there is not a so called "conservative" spoiler because I think some well intentioned, will give us another four grabbing our ankles.

Top Bottom