• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    When I was in Germany, we went to several beer fests. Some had a midway with small rides. They had one ride that you'd never see here. It had a ring about 20' in diameter with a bench seat all the way around it and a padded circle in the middle. The outer rail on this ring was only about 3' tall. It would spin really fast and tilt up at an angle. There were no seat belts in this thing and as it would start going, if you tried to run to the middle while you were at the lowest point, it would throw you right back in your seat. We figured out that you had to wait until you were at the top to run to the middle. One time I overshot and caught the hand rail at my waist and about went over. Too many lawyers in this country to have any fun any more.

MWCMT

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    South
    When I was in Germany, we went to several beer fests. Some had a midway with small rides. They had one ride that you'd never see here. It had a ring about 20' in diameter with a bench seat all the way around it and a padded circle in the middle. The outer rail on this ring was only about 3' tall. It would spin really fast and tilt up at an angle. There were no seat belts in this thing and as it would start going, if you tried to run to the middle while you were at the lowest point, it would throw you right back in your seat. We figured out that you had to wait until you were at the top to run to the middle. One time I overshot and caught the hand rail at my waist and about went over. Too many lawyers in this country to have any fun any more.

I remember that as well. It was nuts..., but fun:):

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Have you ever watched something and immediately had the thought, "Oh, this isn't going to end well." And then grinned like a mad man as you continued watching.........

This would be one of those clips.

Top Bottom