• ...and so much more!
  • buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    They started winning on October 24th 2001 - the day the Patriot Act passed

my wife and I normally hit at least 1 colts game a year, usually against the Jags. Not this year tho.

Last edited:

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    An NFL game is technically a private gathering...unless, of course, you think about the bath the taxpayers of most NFL cities take to put on the show.

Either way, you're right.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The terrorists started their win streak when we were no longer able to get on an airliner without being treated like a criminal.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Its to protect our freedoms...
    On a related front
    Almost seemed like bin laden was smarter than us, he said his goal was to bleed us dry in the desert, seems to be working.
    I'll never forget this speech in which he laid out a plan which seems to be working, that is we've lost both blood and treasure with nothing to show for it.

"We are continuing this policy in bleeding America to the point of bankruptcy. Allah willing, and nothing is too great for Allah," bin Laden said in the transcript.
    He said the mujahedeen fighters did the same thing to the Soviet Union in Afghanistan in the 1980s, "using guerrilla warfare and the war of attrition to fight tyrannical superpowers."
    "We, alongside the mujahedeen, bled Russia for 10 years until it went bankrupt and was forced to withdraw in defeat," bin Laden said.
    He also said al Qaeda has found it "easy for us to provoke and bait this administration."
    "All that we have to do is to send two mujahedeen to the furthest point east to raise a piece of cloth on which is written al Qaeda, in order to make generals race there to cause America to suffer human, economic and political losses without their achieving anything of note other than some benefits for their private corporations," bin Laden said

Mikeshep1462

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Sweetser
    I almost posted about this right after i saw it on the news. Didn't watch what you posted since i watched the story on the news, but there was a lady at the end who said "well if i can't have my purse in order to keep me safe, then that's ok with me i guess". :ugh:

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    These things continue because those affected happily go along with it. So the would-be tyrants or fools who come up with these plans get a perverse reward for putting these into place. It would STOP if it hurt the bottom line.

A very wise man (Benjamin Franklin) is reported to have said:

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

This continues to prove true even today. For me, I CHOOSE NOT to go to Colts games, the Speedway, or travel via the airlines because of these policies. They DO NOT provide safety and violate essential liberties. And indeed, the terrorists are celebrating their victory over our way of life.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    The original goal of Al Qaeda was to remove the 'infidels' from the middle east. It seems all they have to do is send a memo to AQ in the Arabian Peninsula to "do something" and 22 embassies were emptied. Hmmmmm.. Talk about bang for the buck...
    In any case, we know it's all Obama's fault.....

Btw, everything I say has been approved by Fareed Zakaria.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It is a private party of sorts but the party is being held in a house paid for by the taxpayers. I love the idea of not supporting the NFL or NBA financially (I've never bought a ticket to either) but do you know what would happen if no one bought tickets? Your elected officials would pile on more of your tax dollars to keep the teams going. The system is corrupt to the core. If having your bag checked at the door is a concern you've missed the forest for the trees.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Still more likely to get struck by lightning than die in a terrorist attack on US soil. I don't see why we worry about them so much really. We've blown up a good portion of their operating capacity. Ban certain nationalities from boarding planes to the US and I think we'd be much more safer than any amount of baggage checks can provide.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I believe I disagree with the idea that they are winning.

I do not believe they are winning, I believe WE are LOSING!

The difference is subtle but it is there. They can never win, per se. We can, and are, losing.

Just a minor observation.

Regards,

Doug

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The only terrorists are anti-constitutional politicians, recent domestic security forces, and the individuals who go along with or support such things.

Ever wondered why you never see a terrorist while the TSA is searching everything and everyone? It's because that individual searching you is a terrorist.

"Definition of TERRORISM
    : the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion"
    Terrorist - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    I almost posted about this right after i saw it on the news. Didn't watch what you posted since i watched the story on the news, but there was a lady at the end who said "well if i can't have my purse in order to keep me safe, then that's ok with me i guess". :ugh:

“Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”

― Benjamin Franklin

Top Bottom