• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I don't normally watch it, but we're on vacation at the moment and that is what is on in the condo.

I've listened to little more than 5 minutes of it and the female hosts have said things about men that if said by a man, would result in the man being asked to leave the show.

* Point 1: Men's sexual fantasies are much more outlandish and less romantic than women, who fantasize about much more romantic encounters. -- Ok, that's probably ok in and of itself as it is pretty well known that men and women do have some physiological and psychological differences when it comes to sex.

* Point 2: They discuss a recent poll that concluded that men feel most relaxed when their wives leave them alone. One host jumps in and starts on a bender about "Of course he is relaxed while he sits in his chair doing nothing, while she does all the work. But nobody seems to care that her stress level just went up." -- I bet that the same study also found that women are most relaxed when their husbands leave them alone. You don't have to be a shrink to know that one.

* Point 3: #1 and #2 are followed up with a spot with an expert entitled "How to know your man is not telling the truth to you." The critiqued a variety of body languages (with Pres. Clinton being one of the examples) and show that these are tell tale signs that automatically indicate your man is being untruthful to you.

Maybe this got under my skin since I am a man, and am on vacation, and trying to relax, but have to listen to that garbage. Does anyone watch the show regularly and is this a similar pattern? If that is the case, no wonder there is still so much tension between genders.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I'm not very familiar with that particular show but TV in general makes a habit of casting men in a negative light, especially commercials. I don't necessarily believe it is done out of sexism though. I think its done for the simple reason that men in general don't run to the ACLU every time there is the slightest hint of somebody making fun of them. Here's just a few of many examples.

[ame]http://youtu.be/C3Dx-hri_x8[/ame]

[ame]http://youtu.be/JjCVfcCIkqc[/ame]

[ame]http://youtu.be/rLzby8LDOMw[/ame]

Here's something else to think about. Imagine a movie like "Dumb and Dumber" with women as the main characters. Do you really think that movie would have had anywhere near the success of the original?

Personally, I see these things for what they are and I'm not offended by them. I (and I suspect you are the same way) have learned not to base my personal happiness on what other may think of me.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Maybe this got under my skin since I am a man, and am on vacation, and trying to relax, but have to listen to that garbage.........

Like Suprtek said, men are routinely downplayed and made into cavemen in media.
    Some deservingly so, many not.

Liberal use of the below will cure your ills........
    off-button.jpg

I feel so much better when the tv is not on......

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    It's all about demographics and what the stupid programers think the public wants. The main audience for those programs are women, so they program what they think women like. I feel they often miss the boat.

With today's "dumbing down" of society, the programmers think that insulting men and showing men do stupid thinks appeal to women. And I'm sure there is a certain segment of women that it does appeal to. But most women that I know are infuriated with the trend. How often do you see a white, middle aged husband or father portrayed in a positive light?

Since there are so many of these stupid programs on, that's why many people have cut back on the amount of TV they view. Network TV ratings have continued to decline. With the internet there are so many other entertainment and new options.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Cheer up. We still have the internet.

47201030215PM_demotivational_posters_45.jpg

evolution.jpg

n727713326_269314_4154.jpg

Disclaimer: The posts and images contained herein are not intended as an actual representation of the poster's opinion. Humor is known to have side effects including but not limited to: laughter in the target audience, occasional snickers slipping out hours after the original joke, uncontrollable good cheer, and a propensity to smile after having been cheered up. Negative effects have been recorded also, and may include overly sensitive people jumping to conclusions, getting their panties in a bunch, claiming of emotional duress, and in some cases negative rep. Not valid in Hawaii, California, or Papua New Guinea. Some restrictions may apply. Consult your common sense before making any rash decisions

Top Bottom