Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Top 10 Reasons Why You Can’t Trust Pit Bulls
    By Jason Mann of pitbulllovers.com

10. They will steal your spot on the couch while you are up getting a soda.

9. They will take the treat you give them and bury in the backyard like a paranoid crack head hiding their stash.

8. They will jump on your bed with muddy feet. Making you do laundry…again.

7. They will lick visitors with an uncontrolled passion only they understand.

6. They will cause children to smile.

5. They will make you feel horrible for not walking them by looking at you with deep sad eyes.

4. They will look at you like you committed a crime against them if you don’t let them lick your ice cream bowl.

3. They will cause wide spread happiness in large group settings.

2. They will crack you up by shaking their butts so hard you think they are going to snap in half.

And the number one reason why you can’t trust pit bulls…
    1. They will steal your heart like a thief in the night, showing you complete and pure love that only a pit bull can show.

This is courtesy of a very good and close friend of mine, who also loves and appreciates this breed of the "All American Dog" as it used to be known, before the a**holes decided to make them fight, instead of love.

They are the RCA Dog, the dog on The Little Rascals, Spuds, the Budweiser Dog, and many many more. That is, before the jerks took over and tried to use this great breed to make themselves feel macho, cuz they aren't man enough to admit that without using them to feel tough, they're just cowardly, sorely lacking wimps and bullies!

If you want to see what a Pit is like.....check out my Avatar. He's a typical Pit, and also a trained Therapy Dog. We love him dearly, and with all our hearts. We trust him with our lives, which he guards with his life, and would die protecting us.
    Good Boy Benjamine Twinkletoes McWrinkles!

Thank you for saving our daughter from the criminal who was determined to break in to steal her stuff and harm her and her 2 room mates in the middle of the night. He took one look at your smiling face, and changed his mind! My goodness you have some great looking teeth, your smile must have dazzled him away. And thank you for alerting others when we're sick or need help, you always know when things aren't quite right. And you always know how to fix them, by summoning help, and by alerting others to our plight. Thank you for your unconditional love, without which our lives would be sorely lacking! We only hope that we can live up to your expectations as the family you've chosen to love. We love you right back, very, very much! :wwub:

Love,
    7th Stepper

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have a plaque in my livingroom that reads:

I love my dogs
    This is their home
    From which I hope they'll never roam

They're faithful friends
    I love them best
    This is their home
    You are a guest

If dogs to you
    Are just a peeve
    Then by all means
    Feel free to leave

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I co-parent with my niece for a young golden pitty mix girl. She was raised with cats so she thinks she is one. She’s about 45 lbs but loves it when my son carries her around like a cat. She will crawl in my nieces lap and sit like she is a tiny kitty. She also does the pitty sit on you thing to claim ownership.

She has a scary bark but she is the biggest chicken. When she goes out in the yard with her cousins, she will let out a few scary barks when they bark, but then she comes running to the door begging to be let back in. My fox terriers are much more likely to bite someone than she is. She might accidentally knock you down from the excitement of meeting you & wanting a hug or kiss. Or she might smack you with her wiggly tail. But I don’t see her ever intentionally harming anyone.

She is the biggest wiggle butt, she taught her Beagle cousin how to be a wiggle butt & steal things from the counter.

bmmyers08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Danville
    i love my pit that i rescued...ill never not have one again! i dont see how people do horrible things to such loving kind animals.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Ok, on pain of sounding like a fanatic.....what did he do to cause the poor dog to attack him? He must have done something, they don't (as rumor likes to say) "turn on you in a heartbeat", UNLESS you've done something to abuse or threaten them.

We had a Pit when our daughter was a little rug rat, crawling all over the house. One day she got rambunctious and crawled over to the Pit we had at that point (Mickey Mouse), snuffled his tummy, then proceeded to bite with all 4 teeth on his poor little weenie. He let out with a shriek and ran off into our bedroom as fast as he could go! He went straight under the bed and hid there until I was finally able to coax him out with a piece of lunch meat. She was fine, in fact she thought it was funny, the poor dog was still quivering from her surprise attack. I checked him out and he was fine, no blood no foul. BUT he NEVER, EVER, tried in any way to harm her, he was afraid that HE was the one who'd done something wrong, and licked her all over her face trying to tell her that he was sorry. Fortunately Mom (me) stepped in and scolded her for doing such a thing to the poor dog.

He never once threatened her, in fact he loved her more than ever, and guarded her with his life, esp from my ex-hub. Mickey slept under her crib, or in it if she was particularly fussy, and I was the only one he allowed near her while she was in there, my ex would get growled at every time, sometimes teeth bared, sometimes not. But the man deserved it, anyone who backhands an eighteen month old baby deserves to be bitten, HARD! We flew Mickey here after we left, and he lived the rest of his life as an Indiana dog, rather than leave him with my ex, who I found out would beat him with his belt when I was at work.

One of our neighbors out there spirited him away while she was babysitting him, (oops...he must have run away...I don't know where he went??). We sent her the money and American Airlines flew him from San Jose to Chicago, then down to the Purdue Airport where we picked him up. They took great care of him, and a stewardess was with him every step of the way, I guess because I threatened to sue the pants off them if anything happened to him! I personally trained Mickey, and he was the most tolerant, loving, faithful and sweetest dog you could ever imagine.

Benji is like Mickey reincarnated. He's sweet, gentle, timid (unless one of us is being threatened), and we can play all sorts of games with him, some of which would probably freak out any other breed of dog. We can toss a blanket over him and pounce him, then tickle him till he manages to wiggle out. He then proceeds to pounce US, and lick any part of us he can get to, with happy abandon. Our daughter has had a hand in training him, and we can do anything with him, including pealing food out of his mouth that he's not supposed to be eating. His tummy is sensitive but he LOVES to be tickled, and will wiggle his way into your lap, then turn into a lump of concrete so that you can't get him off. He sleeps with us, lies next to us on the couch, at our feet if we're in the recliner, or lays under the table while we're gathered in the kitchen.

We've taught him how to be "gentle", to the point we can lie on the floor with a juicy piece of cheese, meat, veggies, or anything else, and he gently "woofles" it off our cheeks, making sure his teeth never come anywhere near us. If we hand feed him (which we do a lot) instead of scarfing it out of our hands, he purses his lips and gently sucks it from our fingers. He's never wrinkled a lip, shown any teeth (unless we're brushing them) and became the favorite at our vets office earlier this year when he was so awfully sick. They fed him baby food from a baby spoon, then gently gave him small pieces of lunch meat when he was healthy enough. They leashed him and brought him everywhere with them, trading him from person to person so that he was never alone. Our vet fought long and hard to keep him alive, but it was worth every bit of extra care that he got, so that we still had the joy of having him in our lives.

Thanks to everyone who kept me in their prayers last week while I was hospitalized and only moments away from some serious surgery, I was one sick puppy myself. He knew something was wrong when I went to bed earlier in the day, and when our daughter got home later on, he ran out, took her by the sleeve and drew her into the bedroom where I was lying unable to move without causing myself a great deal of pain. He was so insistent that she took her cue from him and called an ambulance to take me to the ER. There they ran diagnostic tests on me and then called Bill and her and told them I was only moments away from emergency surgery. Fortunately they were able to avert that, but had we waited any longer, it could have possibly killed me. He'd been pacing from the bedroom to the back door, all afternoon, waiting for her to get home. He knew something was wrong, he just couldn't verbalize to her what was needed. She told me that he paced the whole time I was gone, and had I not been so ill, and confined to the bed (I looked like a 6th grade science experiment), she'd have brought him in to see me. With complete approval from all my nurses.

I got lucky, I was able to avoid surgery and the problem resolved itself in the following days, and I was finally able to go home last Saturday, unfortunately only to return Sunday nite with similar symptoms. I was in bed, and he started pacing again, which was our daughters cue to take me in again, before it got as bad as it was the first time. It was a false alarm, and I got to come home the next day. Benji has been by my side since I got home, and won't let me out of his sight. He follows me all over the house, and is currently curled up under my desk while I'm on the computer. He was so worried that he wouldn't eat while I was gone, but has found his appetite again thankfully, and is eating like a horse.

I'm not allowed solid food until next week, and even then I'm restricted to a "soft surgical" diet until the following week, when I can start easing real food back in my system again. I'm SO sick of chicken broth I could scream, but it beats being tube fed, which was the alternative. I'm bruised from the elbows down from all the IV sites and blood draws, (I have crap veins) a bit the worse for wear, but I'm a survivor, especially with so many loving people praying for me, and taking care of me now that I'm home again. Our daughter and Bill barely left my side, except to go home to shower and grab a bite to eat, or to work which is a necessity. They both watch over me like a hawk, and Bill calls often when he's at work. She risked her own job by staying with me, but as she put it..."I can always get another job, I can't get another Mom!". Which is exactly what she told her boss, who surprised her with telling her that she understood and they'd hold her job till she was able to return. She works as a caregiver to the mentally and physically challenged, and has had years of experience, she's been one of my main caregivers for more years than we can count, Bill being the other.

I'm very blessed to have so many wonderful friends who prayed for me and sent me well wishes, and a family who loves me beyond all else. Including our lovable and loving Pit Bull, who watched over me until more help arrived. Life is good, especially in our little family, and in our extended INGO family as well.

7th Stepper
    Living Proof that Pits are a Great breed of dog!

Last edited:

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Love Dogs.
    But they're alot like firearms. They have to be handled correctly or they can be very dangerous. But like firearms.... it's almost always not the dog's fault when accidents happen.

Last edited:

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    1. They will steal your heart like a thief in the night, showing you complete and pure love that only a pit bull can show, and then while you are sleeping, they will chew off and eat your toes and wait for you to wake up and yell, then they will grab you by the throat and shake you like a rag doll until you stop kicking.

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    Expected to see some hatred in here after the death in White Co.

Glad to see there are a few people out there who still believe in punish the deed, not the breed

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Funny, I was attacked by a Rottie but fear Pit Bulls. Go figure.:dunno:

I was attacked by a Pit Bull (actually an American Bulldog) and an American Staffordshire Terrier. It was very traumatic. They circled me for what seemed like 5 minutes before they lunged right for the tennis ball. Another time I was attacked by the same American Bulldog (he was a big boy, about 120lbs and solid). I was stacking hay bales and my aunt let him out. He came straight for me like a freight train. He knocked me off balance and climbed up on the stack of bales before covering my arms in dog slobber. You couldn't even think about eating a cookie around that dog or he'd guilt you into giving him the whole thing. Pretty amazing how gentle he was with small kids (under 5) and how he'd try to rip my arm off while playing tug-o-war.

I'd much rather have a bully breed than some little ankle biter. For the Rottie people, I like them too but would rather a bully.

Black_Wolf

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Northwest Ind
    People do horrible things to pitbulls and everything else they touch because they themselves are horrible.

80% of society is scum and need eradicating.

Yes, I'm biased as you can tell.

Dumbasses screw things up and then other dumbasses want to rid the world of the things that were screwed up and not the dumbasses that did the screwing up.

It's a vicious cycle fueled by idiots and morons that don't seem to... or care not to.. learn from lessons of the past.

It can apply to anything really, but dogs and firearms to seem to be a favorite subject to these mentally limited factions

Pathetic, to say the least.

On a lighter note did yous know that ole Spuds Mckenzie was from Indiana?

Yep, Spuds was from Valparaiso. The owners/breeders were my friend's neighbors and I remember petting her parents sometimes, though I dont recall seeing any puppy litters.

It was a pretty long time ago. .

Spuds was born a Hoosier. :)

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Funny, I was attacked by a Rottie but fear Pit Bulls. Go figure.:dunno:

My only dog bite that broke skin was from a Lab. I don't have a fear of Labs, but will look at a Pit with suspicion till the cows come home. It's not the dog I don't trust, it's the owners. The recent history of the breed gives me no confidence in either however.

Top Bottom