The trial of James Holmes, the Aurora theater shooter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Do I smell a stink or what?!?

Holmes' shrink told campus police more than a MONTH ahead of the event that he presented a danger! Nothing significant was done.

I hope this causes a full review of how college police investigate and work with real LEO on violence, rape, assault and other issues.:xmad:

News from The Associated Press

Doug

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Newly released photos of James Holmes Apartment and Aurora Theater aftermath

Not embedding, as a couple of the images are NSFW (some with a bit of blood, one with a semi-lewd poster in his apartment)

What are those things on the floor of his living room? Bomb-making materials?

Edit: Apparently it was. It was supposed to explode and set his apartment on fire.

James Holmes APT and Theater - Album on Imgur

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    My imagination is failing me. What's the point of rigging a PC fan (with maybe a heatsink) in and around explosives?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Unfortunately ...

Hopefully the next assault attempt is more successful.

I'm surprised that this is news material. I would figure he would be assaulted on a regular basis while in jail.

This story just showed up again for some reason on Yahoo.
    I didn't notice it happened in October.
    Still, good to read he was attacked. Though I am against people sending the assaulting prisoner money.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    ... Though I am against people sending the assaulting prisoner money.

Howsabout 'in kind' gifts? Years (decades?) ago some prisoner tried to set Charles Manson on fire. I read that hundreds of people sent Bic lighters to him (not Manson, the other guy). I doubt the prison staff let them get to the intended recipient, but hey, with a gift, it's the thought that counts.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Howsabout 'in kind' gifts? Years (decades?) ago some prisoner tried to set Charles Manson on fire. I read that hundreds of people sent Bic lighters to him (not Manson, the other guy). I doubt the prison staff let them get to the intended recipient, but hey, with a gift, it's the thought that counts.

"It's the thought that counts"

:rofl:

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville

I have always said for years that if someone hurt my wife or one of my kids and ended up in jail before I could get to him, I would visit the prison regularly with cartons of cigarettes and become friends with the biggest meanest guys I could find.

Top Bottom