• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ghostface

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2017
    Grant Co
    I had two over the years, in the 90’s I had a Chicom M14S and mid 90’s a loaded M1A. Those have been long gone and replaced by AR-10s but I’d like to get one of those back. My problem is I don’t see paying $1300 for a SA or $2K for a Bula, I know they are expensive to manufacture but I don’t see the value in them. I can think of a lot of other rifles I would purchase for that money. The M14 isn’t a bad rifle but there are others that are better IMO.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 15, 2019
    Union
    I have owner Springfields ,Bula,Lrb,Armscorp,Fulton Armory.I never had a problem with any of them except the Armscorp that the reciever blew up in my face.I have had a couple Supermatch springfields that shot sub moa.I would say I like the LRB . builds with G.I. parts the best.I rang steel out to 700 yards that was pretty awesome

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I noticed that too. I've never in my life met anyone that carried the M14 into combat that had anything other than total praise for it, and that includes many Vietnam vets.
    That's my experience too. Most of the ones I've known were Marines in RVN. I qualified Sharpshooter with the M-14 in Army basic and again in Infantry Advanced Individual Training to include the M-14E2. By the time I was finished with the rest of my training, which took over a year, the Army had switched to the M-16. I qualified Expert with the M-16, and it was fine for what I did in RVN, but had I been a combat infantryman, I'd preferred the M-14, like those Marines.

Top Bottom