The U.S. Military's Heaviest-Lifting Helicopter Is Now Operational.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mark40sw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2015
    Roanoke
    I remember watching big helos like these (sea stallions) up on the flight deck when I served. Big lumbering giants compared to the nimble little SuperCobras.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Wow.
    There was a “Flying Crane” helo that used to operate around the state. We used it a few times to set HVAC units where it was tough to get a crane involved. Faster by far.
    I always wanted ISP to have one of those with a big electromagnet on it. They'd patrol the interstates looking for that "one guy" at the very front of a traffic slowdown causing the back up. They would lift him up and set his car down in a ditch or in a neighborhood somewhere. :):

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I always wanted ISP to have one of those with a big electromagnet on it. They'd patrol the interstates looking for that "one guy" at the very front of a traffic slowdown causing the back up. They would lift him up and set his car down in a ditch or in a neighborhood somewhere. :):
    I like the way you think and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    The "Skycrane" could carry 20,000 lbs. It looks like this new chopper can lift 36,000 lbs.! The King Stallion's top speed is 200 mph compared to the Skycrane's 120. Looks like they have a winner after 3,000 hours of flight testing.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    We used a sky hook a few times at the Chrysler plant in Kokomo. Made it look effortless.
    I worked across the street from Chrysler at Delco / GM. My dad was second shift electrical supervisor at Chrysler- his nickname: Superfly
    I have been directly involved in our hvac unit installation with helos as I was a millwright for 32 years. I was also one of the last swing brake crane operators.

Reactions: Leo
    Top Bottom