• ...and so much more!
  • ZenMaster

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Good morning folks,

I've read a lot of good books in my life and I'd like to recommend one that may be of interest to anyone who posts in here. Its called The Unthinkable by Amanda Ripley.

The Unthinkable: Who Survives When Disaster Strikes - and Why: Amanda Ripley: 9780307352903: Amazon.com: Books

Mostly first hand accounts from survivors of some really scary situations. Its a psychology book, really, and she (I'll admit, I was skeptical that a women would be able to write a book like this and hold my attention, but she does an outstanding job! So much so, that I read her second book and I was just as pleased.) goes over some really interesting aspects of the human biological response to stress and danger.

Two thumbs up.

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    This book started my reading journey on similar-minded (pun intended, kind of) books, including "Blink", "Drive", and "The Gift of Fear", among others.

It is amazing what and why we do what we do.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    the cheapest I can find it on Amazon is $9.89. How did you get it for $2.00?

I would guess looking at the pre-owned/used buying options. There are some amazingly cheap books on Amazon if you search using that method, I've found $100 books for $20, some Goodwill stores even list books.

KUJO2388

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2015
    Terre Haute
    These three books are really good also.

The Gift of Fear
    On Combat
    On Killing

A must for all Military, Law Enforcement and Citizens that are interested in the effects that combat and stressful situations have on you and your body.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    the cheapest I can find it on Amazon is $9.89. How did you get it for $2.00?

I would guess looking at the pre-owned/used buying options. There are some amazingly cheap books on Amazon if you search using that method, I've found $100 books for $20, some Goodwill stores even list books.

He nailed it. I got a used one. Got it in the mail Saturday and started reading it today. That's how I've bought my past few books. I bought all of my school books for college from Amazon as well. I'm sure I've saved thousands over the 5 years I was in college.

Top Bottom