"The View" says Guns were the issue with Travon...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Normally I'm not home during the day, and when I am, I don't watch the rubbish on the networks. My wife was watching "the View" today when she told me to come listen to the "debate" they were having.

I recognized Bawbwa Wawas as one of the pannelists, but none of the others. Their topic was a comment that Bill Cosby made regarding the Travon Martin case...that "GUNS" were at the heart of it, not race.

I will say that I think Bill is a pretty wise man, and that I agree that race is not at the heart of it. But I do not agree that guns were at the heart of it either.

Of course, the ladies on the show stirred up into such a frenzy about guns being the problem that I couldn't watch any longer and walked away. Unfortunately there are a lot of folks out there that watch this crap and are easiliy convinced by this kind of crap.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    When will people realize that stupidity and close mindedness are at the heart of nearly all of this world's problems?

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Look at it this way: When white Giffords was shot in AZ by a white assailant the anti-gun crowd tried to make an issue of guns but it just didn't fly. When Martin was shot in Florida, ahh, now we have a "white Hispanic" (whatever that means) shooting a black kid. NOW, race is involved and the anti-gun crowd found a hook to hang there hat on.
    So, Yes, race is an issue in the Florida shooting. It provided the energy to blame guns.

Incidently, if Zimmerman is catorgized as "white" being half-Hispanic, then by that same logic, Obama is only another "white" President, being only half-black.

Last edited:

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Look at it this way: When white Giffords was shot in AZ by a white assailant the anti-gun crowd tried to make an issue of guns but it just didn't fly. When Martin was shot in Florida, ahh, now we have a "white Hispanic" (whatever that means) shooting a black kid. NOW, race is involved and the anti-gun crowd found a hook to hang there hat on.
    So, Yes, race is an issue in the Florida shooting. It provided the energy to blame guns.

Incidently, if Zimmerman is catorgized as "white" being half-Hispanic, then by that same logic, Obama is only another "white" President, being only half-black.

Free State Revolution - Is Barack Obama a “white-African-American”? According to MSM, he should be…

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Yea, the wife made me waych it... A likely story:D

So much of the way I pattern my life is based around what the ladies on The view think - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTT......

insanemonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Lake County
    What I have seen of the view, which is only maybe a few minutes total, they never have a clue what they are talking about. The just puke out the same junk that other extreme liberals say. They cater to peoples emotions and could care less about facts or really helping anyone. Why anyone would care what a bunch of crazy ladies who are clearly trying to further the destruction of our wonderful country is beyond me.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Just remember a few years ago when ole Rosie wanted all guns banned except for the ones carried by her body guards to protect her, her girlfriend and the poor child that they adopted (if I remember correctly). The rest of us could just fend for ourelves and use pepper spray and nasty words. I think that it was also Rosie who was shooting off her mouth about making guns illegal when she found out the K Mart, for whom she was then working, was one of the world's largest gun sellers. She is just stupid.

biggen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    I believe this whole thing has been used to challenge the "castle" and "stand your ground" laws in Florida. Opponents have been waiting for a situation to come along that they could stir up by using race and mis-representation of facts.

Unfortunately, there will never be justice in this case because the facts and evidence have been destroyed in the feeding frenzy.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Guns aren't an issue, if you're bulletproof.
    Evidently many of an entitlement mindset see themselves as such........looked at some pics and statements made by local youth from such environs on FB over the weekend.
    Now if stupidity was armor, they might have nothing to fear.............

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Guns aren't an issue, if you're bulletproof.
    Evidently many of an entitlement mindset see themselves as such........looked at some pics and statements made by local youth from such environs on FB over the weekend.
    Now if stupidity was armor, they might have nothing to fear.............

Does youth qualify as stupidity? I suppose it does in a way. I know 17/18 years old males think they are indestructible.

Top Bottom