• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I would have lost money on that show if I were a betting man. I told my wife shortly after the show started that I'll bet Rick and his group as well as Lori out on her own wouldn't make it back to the farm in this episode. I was surprised to to see any of the sub-plots get resolved that quickly.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    The biggest thing I've taken away from the show is, have plenty of AKs/ARs laying around. I think about 99.9% of the zombie scenes in the series could have been easily solved were it not for the bolt action rifles and handguns. I'd rather see a zombie slaughter than watch all the drama.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    The biggest thing I've taken away from the show is, have plenty of AKs/ARs laying around. I think about 99.9% of the zombie scenes in the series could have been easily solved were it not for the bolt action rifles and handguns. I'd rather see a zombie slaughter than watch all the drama.

OK if i copyright/patent Zombie Slaughter? Ill give ya 30% of profits

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Had a good friend into comic books and the like and remember looking and reading some of the walking dead he had. Maybe my memory is bad but did they not empty out a prison or jail and hold up inside.

I normally just read them while waiting to do other stuff and my poor memory of it had them at the prison before the farm. I could also have read them in the wrong order.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

One of the things that I find most annoying is the groups (or any group encountered to date) inability to learn about the environment they are operating in.

For the first month or two this would be understandable. It takes time to learn and reflect, to understand the environment we are operating in.

Yet now, monthes later, the group is still operating with tactics that are insufficient for the environment.

What I mean is, simply put, there are WAY too many zombies for a couple of people to deal with! One, two, or even three people can get overrun and are unable to defend themselves for a sustained action for any length of time. Sooooo, why keep going out in ones or twos????:dunno:

It would be fairly easy to clear this nearby town of the majority of zombies if you planned it right.

#1) Ask the locals or look for a reasonably defensible building where you can get on the roof and have a clear field of vision and fire in 360 degrees.
    #2) Take some wood & nails to block yourselves in.
    #3) Get together about 10 - 12 people with firearms, food & water.
    #4) Take lots & lots & lots of ammunition.
    #5) Go there and bunker in.
    #6) Go to the roof and make some noise.
    #7) When zombies arrive the slaughter begins, like fish in a barrel.
    #8) In a day or two all zombies capable of easily walking to the noise will have done so and been dispatched - in one easy to burn location!!!
    #9) Have an escape plan in case all above goes south.

What you would wind up with are zombie free zones that would then be manageable for the few zombies that wander in.

If a group goes out for anything it should be a minimum of four or five people, all with semiautomatic weapons. Dales hunting rifle and Daryls crossbow are great for bringing home meat, but worthless for taking on groups of zombies, although as a sniper weapon or silent killer against hostile humans I would reconsider.

I know this would be very inconvenient and inefficient when considering the objective of the mission, yet with the risk of hundreds of zombies it would be absolutely necessary until you created a zombie free zone.

Just a thought. I still love the show, or any post apocalypse for that matter.

Regards,

Doug

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Had a good friend into comic books and the like and remember looking and reading some of the walking dead he had. Maybe my memory is bad but did they not empty out a prison or jail and hold up inside.

I normally just read them while waiting to do other stuff and my poor memory of it had them at the prison before the farm. I could also have read them in the wrong order.

Yes, they did, but the prison is after the farm.

Guardsman89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Kokomo
    One of the things that I find most annoying is the groups (or any group encountered to date) inability to learn about the environment they are operating in.

This kind of thing bothers me too. I would love to see an "intelligent" episode or two. How about they introduce a character with have half a brain in his/her head instead of what we're getting:

"Ummm...where should would sleep?"
    "How about out here in tents completely vulnerable to zombies?"
    "Great idea! And let's get a nice fire going too!"

Or there is the ever brilliant:

"We need supplies."
    "OK, two of us will go into town with just a few hand to hand, bladed weapons."
    "Great idea! Let's go in on horses too so we don't have any protection from the zombies!"

It would be great if someone came up with the idea of finding a ready made, secured compound somewhere (like a military base), systematically clearing out all the zombies, and starting the rebuilding process.

Alas, I suppose the characters in the show can't be any more intelligent or inventive that the writers of the show.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Speaking of tactics one thing I never understood. Zombies are dead, it's the virus that animates them. But the body continues to rot, correct? So even if the virus can be feed the bodies should be rotting, once rotted they stop moving. Why not just gather supplies and hold up and wait for the Zombies to rot away. Couldn't take more than a month or two, right?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    To All,

For the first month or two this would be understandable. It takes time to learn and reflect, to understand the environment we are operating in.

Yet now, monthes later, the group is still operating with tactics that are insufficient for the environment.

What I mean is, simply put, there are WAY too many zombies for a couple of people to deal with! One, two, or even three people can get overrun and are unable to defend themselves for a sustained action for any length of time. Sooooo, why keep going out in ones or twos????:dunno:

It would be fairly easy to clear this nearby town of the majority of zombies if you planned it right.

#1) Ask the locals or look for a reasonably defensible building where you can get on the roof and have a clear field of vision and fire in 360 degrees.
    #8) In a day or two all zombies capable of easily walking to the noise will have done so and been dispatched - in one easy to burn location!!!

What you would wind up with are zombie free zones that would then be manageable for the few zombies that wander in.

If a group goes out for anything it should be a minimum of four or five people, all with semiautomatic weapons. Dales hunting rifle and Daryls crossbow are great for bringing home meat, but worthless for taking on groups of zombies, although as a sniper weapon or silent killer against hostile humans I would reconsider.

I know this would be very inconvenient and inefficient when considering the objective of the mission, yet with the risk of hundreds of zombies it would be absolutely necessary until you created a zombie free zone.

Regards,

Doug

As much as i agree with most of this, i dont think this is the best idea. Mainly because (though they act differently) i dont think they have enough ammo to accomplish this. Also there is no telling how many zombies will come, and you def want to have a plan to get away if you run out of supplies, which may be hard in the scenario you described.

I think they need long weapons, something like pitchforks (with guns as a backup/last resort). In the books at the prison they stabbed the zombies through the fence. I think thats a good idea, maybe build a fence or something to funnel the zombies to a slaughter point, that wouldnt risk the lives of any living.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Speaking of safe places .... did anyone else notice that the gate on the farm seems to be always open now? Neither Shane/Lori or Rick and co. had to open the gate to make it onto the farm grounds.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    To All,

Regards,

Doug

Hmm, or..

Find the biggest building in town, rig it with explosives, have some kind of noisemaker on a timer on top of the building, then when the building is full of zombies, remote detonate it? :dunno:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Again, you need to throw some common sense out the window to keep the show going.

If we were involved all the zombies within 100 miles would be terminated and we would be sitting around the pool with a mixed drink working on our tan. :):

Oh, none of the 3 thugs that were the buddies of the two that Rick capped, would have made it back to their group. :twocents:
    One down by Hershel being eaten, one impaled (bait for getaway),
    and the one guy having the conversation with the human shish kabob
    would have been capped while he sat in the truck. They chose their fate when they started shooting.

The dead guys in the bar and outside would have been dragged out so the zombies could get at them. Anyone of their buds comes looking for
    them they would assume the zeds got them.
    Cover your tracks so they don't come looking for who (rightfully) smoked them.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    i said i would have gotten outside and opened up fire on them right when they pulled up...theyn would not have had time to get their seat belt off before i started blasting at them with the 12 gauge

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To Roadie, ZombieApocolypse, Et Alia,

I agree 100%. The idea I came up with was being winged from my computer in 5 minutes w/ a diet pepsi and some girlscout cookies.

The point is to do something to, as safely as possible, to make an area as zombie free as is possible.

They are doing nothing! They whack zombies only in response to an immediate threat. They have zero plan on clearing an area.

They are in or near Atlanta. They just left the center for disease control when the girl went missing, so they can't be too far away. Pull out Google and look at a map!

Just northeast of Atlanta is Lake Sidney Lanier. There are several islands including Lake Lanier Islands Park. This place has several chokepoints that would make an excellent position to operate out of. You could take a boat to the outer end and methodically sweep the entire island. With the chokepoints in place you could do this in several sweeps that could be done in a few days or weeks depending on manpower and zombie infestation.

For me this would be the best place to start. It would be as close to 100% as you could get, barring an underground bunker. There would be plenty of fish to eat so while the menu may get boring it wouldn't be empty.

If you were able to sit on the island for awhile it would give you some breathing room to determine whether to stay or look for a better place.

They may not have enough ammo to clear tens of thousands of zombies, so that would be a good thing to start searching for. If you know the world is mostly zombiefied you are going to need to make some sort of plan to put yourselves in a reasonably safe location.

I would also think you would want to at least start talking about how to deal with other groups. What do we need? What do we want? What are we willing to trade? Who does the talking? Etc.

If it were me I would send Dale to do the talking. He is good with people and he is a very good judge of character. As much as I do not like his preachy way, he is calm and level headed. Besides, it would be safer having Rick, Shane, and Daryl backing up Dale than the other way around.

My idea is that whatever were to happen they need to have a plan to deal with it before it occurs, even if it is a basic plan. That way they aren't caught like a deer in the headlights when the event happens.

One other little thing gets under my skin. All manufacturing is over! There are no more razor blades, colour TVs, or gasoline that is going to be delivered...Ever! So why on earth do they all drive gas guzzling vehicles (for the most part)??? Almost every gas station you go to will either be empty or a struggle to get the last few gallons out. They should have maybe one inefficient vehicle to haul all their stuff in and the rest cars that can maximize what can be scrounged.

Regards,

Doug

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Rick is pissing me of...does he want to get everyone killed....if someone was shooting at me and got stuck on a spike i would let him get eaten.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    I can't wait for next weeks episode. Sometimes you just have to watch and enjoy if you like the show enough. It's tv after all. :twocents:

+1 .... this last episode is what i've been waiting for, for quite some time. Though they didnt have ALOT of zombies like i was hoping, it lacked the 50 minutes of drama, and i couldnt take my eyes off the screen

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom