• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Personally if I was Rick I would give my son a good old fashion whipping for being disrespectful and disobedient. They did the right thing by not killing the prisoner... why because they need more Intel about this other group. The best defense is a good offense and if they can get a location they can start with the guerilla tactics. Dale helped keep the group together eventhough everyone is at each others throats. They all are careless and reckless when it comes to being out by themselves... but hey then there wouldn't be much drama or suspense if they all sat around together now would there... anyway looking forward to a little more zombie action.

The prisoner shot at the group in town. Obviously he is capable of causing them harm. Only when he was about to become a zombie happy meal did he change his mind. I wouldn't trust him. As for keeping him alive for intel purposes, yes I think he could prove to be a source of intel. I wouldn't go looking for the other group to engage though. The group is low on ammo and weapons. They may have the element of suprise, but they have 2-4 real shooters against and unknown number with unknown weapons and supplies. In that situation to me the best defense is to be invisible. Also, the other group left him to die. Apparently they don't care to much about him. Not a good course of action to engage in my book. I would gain as much intel from the prisoner as possible before making a decision. Recon if close maybe, but not engage. I agree the group is careless. Dale kept humanity alive. With him gone I believe things are going to go barbaric. However, you are correct that this is entertainment television and if things were done how a lot of INGO members would handle things, it may not be so entertaining. :twocents:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    The prisoner shot at the group in town. Obviously he is capable of causing them harm. Only when he was about to become a zombie happy meal did he change his mind. I wouldn't trust him. As for keeping him alive for intel purposes, yes I think he could prove to be a source of intel. I wouldn't go looking for the other group to engage though. The group is low on ammo and weapons. They may have the element of suprise, but they have 2-4 real shooters against and unknown number with unknown weapons and supplies. In that situation to me the best defense is to be invisible. Also, the other group left him to die. Apparently they don't care to much about him. Not a good course of action to engage in my book. I would gain as much intel from the prisoner as possible before making a decision. Recon if close maybe, but not engage. I agree the group is careless. Dale kept humanity alive. With him gone I believe things are going to go barbaric. However, you are correct that this is entertainment television and if things were done how a lot of INGO members would handle things, it may not be so entertaining. :twocents:

You'd like to think a group of INGOers wouldn't be as entertaining, but I have news for you.

AR vs AK, 9mm vs .45, OC vs CC, rights vs control over the group... Mods trying to take command over a bunch of Type A personalities...

I see much drama in such a scenario.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    if it was a bunch of ingo people there would be no drama...all you would hear would be "eyes and ears on...range is hot!!! lets put em down" followed by intervals of reloading and chatter

1$Chuck

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus
    I'm always amazed at the weapons they don't have. How is it possible that they've not found several .22 rifle's and thousands of .22 rounds. They would be fine for hunting game and would be fine for low noise zombie execution.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I'm always amazed at the weapons they don't have. How is it possible that they've not found several .22 rifle's and thousands of .22 rounds. They would be fine for hunting game and would be fine for low noise zombie execution.

Back into the loss of drama though. Why haven't they found lots of reloading gear and been making thousands of rounds?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Speaking of ammo, anybody else notice Shane was stashing ammo and mags in his car?

Andrea made a point of mentioning "Is this all the ammo we have left?!"
    when she was talking to Dale in the RV

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Speaking of ammo, anybody else notice Shane was stashing ammo and mags in his car?

Andrea made a point of mentioning "Is this all the ammo we have left?!"
    when she was talking to Dale in the RV

YES I DID.

Also that darrel was shapening up his knife with randall strung up with his neck showing when dale yell out for help. I had a feeling he was going to bleed the prisoner out for Rick.

thoroughbred

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    My houseboat on Lake Michigan
    I should clarify my post a bit I still think the kid is a sniveling untrustworthy gremlin, but he still could prove useful. As far as engaging I didnt mean directly either more so recon and taking out small groups of them when they wander off... stuff like that. Its not rocket science to see that about four guys with handguns and a rifle or two are not gonna fare well against 30 men with automatic weapons. I think they need to show them scavenging more too. Personally they should probably start sending out groups of three well armed but able to move fast and light to scavenge. They should be able to use melee weapons on zombies but fight together as a team. The zombies arent really fast and cant really fight exactly so a group of 3 guys or so with some machetes, axes, bats... or whatever should be able to handle groups of 10 zombies or so as long as they work together, last resort they use their firearms. There has gotta be some police stations or cars around though with some ammo somewhere just gotta get out and find it we all know they cant stay at the farm forever... I'm waiting for a large group of walkers to come by the house and attack.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Dale was the character on television I wanted to punch the most. His overwrought facial expressions made me want to barf. The combination of disgust and condescension that actor conveyed was amazing. I sure hope he was acting!

Rogue42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    McCordsville
    I think a lot of the problems with the show are the direction season two has taken. They replaced the director, cut budget and wanted fewer outdoor shots. I would guess that characters missing for major parts of an episode is just simpler, leave them out and bring them in to show, yeah he's still here, he didn't get munched or anything. I have been disappointed in S2 versus S1 but its still better TV than American Idolitry.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    I think a lot of the problems with the show are the direction season two has taken. They replaced the director, cut budget and wanted fewer outdoor shots. I would guess that characters missing for major parts of an episode is just simpler, leave them out and bring them in to show, yeah he's still here, he didn't get munched or anything. I have been disappointed in S2 versus S1 but its still better TV than American Idolitry.

Agree

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Come on Dale was the only reason you were watching the show? Surely you jest Sir. What about all the interesting character dynamics defining a post apocalyptic world?

No, he wasn't the only reason but he was certainly one of the last ones. The show is so far removed from the original story that it's like watching a trainwreck. It's more soap opera than horror survivalism.

Dale was the absolutist to the morality of the group and the anchor that held the group to the 'previous world' of right and wrong. With Dale gone, so is the intellectualism, reason, logic and honor that the group was already low on.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Since Rick, his Wife and Shane all have their pictures on the intro I would guess they will all be around for a while.

I want to know why have they never tried to loot a gun store?

Hell, some silencers would be a great benefit to have in that world too.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    No, he wasn't the only reason but he was certainly one of the last ones. The show is so far removed from the original story that it's like watching a trainwreck. It's more soap opera than horror survivalism.

Dale was the absolutist to the morality of the group and the anchor that held the group to the 'previous world' of right and wrong. With Dale gone, so is the intellectualism, reason, logic and honor that the group was already low on.

For sure if they dont find some kind of organized remnant of society. A large camp, a last resort facility, a refuge intact then they will continue to become less moral as they are faced with harder, more severe survival situations. The other group they are concerned about discovering them is a perfect example of the disintegration that would happen. If you start with less moral people, criminals, gang members etc you end up with groups that are not just seeking to survive, but indulge in immoral depravity. The other group is an example of the extrem. They have no restrictions placed on their behavior by society, so they are doing whatever they please, murder, rape etc...

If you followed the series Falling Skies they had a perfect example of this. There was a biker gang that had survived the intial alien invasion (not the Mexican invasion, aliens from space). They were raping, murdering and just running amok in addition to killing aliens they were just killing humans as they saw fit.

I believe in any apocalyptic event the worst in humanity is going to come out and run strong.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

I can't agree!

Dale's morality only accounted for the world as he saw it, not the world that exists or the world that existed before the zombies were around. He refuses to even consider that killing someone isn't always wrong. In this case, killing the kid they took with them could easily be considered an act of self-defense, which is rational and well within the moral and ethical boundaries of many good people.

Dale equated any killing of a living person with murder and that's just not factual. I don't see his position as reasoned, logical, or honorable (at all). He was all about emotion and he struck me as a coward, not a thinker.

Given the luxury of time, I probably would have tried harder to find alternatives to killing the Randall character than did most of the cast, but I won't say I would not have reached the same conclusion given the circumstances, potential threat, and available options for solving the problem.

And now I have no idea why I'm even thinking about this! I just like watching zombie shows!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom