Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Earlier someone was mentioning things sliding into the pit (1st episode).

That was walkers attracted to the herd noise. Sliding down one wall to be with the rest.

Ok. Now I'm caught up.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    %#@)*&^*-+)%$#@!........DVR did not get it "Again"

I now believe the 8 year old G-daughter has been fiddling about in there. It is full of "Her" shows...........:xmad:

I even warned you tonight... I didn't think I'd be spot on. (See post #4934)

And what's this about a fully grown man blaming an eight year olde? :dunno:

I could see you wife walking into a room with an issue and you standing there with a befuddled look pointing at the kid.

You'll catch up. Let us know what you think when you do. :fogey::stickpoke:;)

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    After some time to review I think the wolves are going to be in a lot of trouble. And I don't mean this just to support Ricks group, but based upon the tactical situation.

First, they have tipped their hand and lost the element of surprise.

Second, the damage they did to Alexandria's ability to fight was extremely minimal. Yes, Alexandria took some losses, but the softies have now been jolted into reality and the real fighters suffered zero (0) casualties.

Third, the wolves DID suffer some serious casualties. I'll leave it to others to count but I am guessing between 10 - 20 dead, and I believe at least one prisoner.

Fourth, they revealed their lack of or resistance to using firearms. This is a big game changer when Rick comes calling. Ricks group is competent with both hand held AND firearms.

While there will be serious consequences for Alexandria with the zombie horde the full brunt of it may well pass them by, which could in itself cause the wolves some collateral damage.

In all, their attack was ineffectual and their existence revealed, all the while costing them fighters.

This looks to be a great season coming on!

Regards,

Doug

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, if the herd can be diverted, and it's diverted towards the wolfs (even accidentally )...

Imagine that herd coming at you. Even with guns.

To bad they didn't circle the herd back to the quarry to fall down.
    But I guess after a while, the ones on the bottom would cushion the blow.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Well, if the herd can be diverted, and it's diverted towards the wolfs (even accidentally )...

Imagine that herd coming at you. Even with guns.

To bad they didn't circle the herd back to the quarry to fall down.
    But I guess after a while, the ones on the bottom would cushion the blow.

I agree. There is no way you could take out that herd. Even if 20 of us from INGO were in the town with all of our guns & gear, not happening.

We could thin it and damage it, but not stop it. That is something you just hide from or get out of its way. It seems that most would follow a loud noise so they could be pulled away in time.

Doug

HawgdawgLS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2015
    US
    If I was running that compound theyre living in now, every able bodied male would be trained and required to carry a firearm and any women that chose to would do the same.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    If I was running that compound theyre living in now, every able bodied male would be trained and required to carry a firearm and any women that chose to would do the same.
    Meh.

Every able-bodied person must be able to defend themselves and the community. If you are not capable (the baby, for instance), you need to be buddied with a capable person at all times. Even "inside the walls".

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I don't think Enid is a wolf. There is probably still more to come of her story, but I think it's a different storyline. The backpack issue would have been pointless if the wolves had someone on the inside. They also would have gotten to the armory first.

What was Morgan carrying in his left hand at the end? I'm wondering if there was some significance to that.

I read a couple of blogs that criticized Deanna's character for not going in the walls. I thought it was actually wise. She could have stuck with Maggie, whom she knew was likely capable of protecting her and she indeed would have impaired Maggie more than helped her.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Deanna not going inside was a wise choice. Her son? Flaking out was a bit disappointing but I think he will sharpen up. Truth be told I think the wolves attack just made the new group stronger. Any illusion of a peaceful utopia is now gone.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Actually, most of the "weak" people are now gone. Survival of the fittest and all.

The "fighters" were all out with the herd. Of those that stayed behind, the strong (Maggie, Carol, Carl, etc...) survived. The Alexandria residents were mostly slaughtered.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Anyone notice Glenn seems to be more level than Rick right now?

Glenn decided to take the one guy under his wing, instead of kill him. Try to turn him around. Back in the beginning, he even helped Rick.

nsolimini

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ellettsville
    Two things;

Did anyone not catch the girl tell Carl that this place has too many blind spots and that's how they got in the fence? I think she is a Wolf..

Also, I have an actor friend from college who was in tonight's episode. He was the bearded Wolf who got taken out by Carol.
    11167656_763093527169538_7197328931618057935_n.jpg

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Lots of the "original" cast are changing their opinions. Rick is certainly becoming more isolationist. Glen and Daryl are becoming more "inclusive" (wanting to grow the group).

Great example of how similar experiences can have vastly different effects.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom