• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • inccwchris

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Southside of Indiana
    Met a state trooper last night as I was getting into my friends car at the White Castle. He was off duty and I asked him a question about the most legal option for getting a different buddies car that only works in reverse home. Obviously he said tow it with a wrecker or a dolly, but then my other buddy asked the, can't we just drive it in reverse all the way question. After a few minutes joking about that, he notices my piece, S&W 4516-! for those curious, and I think, this is it, hes gonna get out the curb stompin jackboots. All he wanted to know is what it was and what I thought of it. This lead to a two hour conversation between all of us. It ended up being just the four of us and the troop shooting the bull outside the white castle. No ID check, no questioning about license to carry, no cover that up, nothing. When I asked him about that point, he said "It would be kind of stupid for you to say hello to me, with a visible firearm, then stand here for an hour and a half talking to me about guns and your career with a reserve agency, and all that, for you to not have an LTCH don't you think?" Long story short, made a new range buddy.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    I know that this is not exactly on topic, but only going into reverse is a symptom of extremely low tranny fluid. In several cars that I have owned over the years, fluid leaking disabled third gear, then second and finally first gear, leaving reverse as the last to go. A quart of tranny fluid or two could possibly have gotten you at least first gear, maybe even second. then you can drive it home forwards.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    My Gosh they are human after all! Good encounter with a good dude. :yesway:

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I rode my bike to the FOP range in Marion and got pulled over (first time I have ever been pulled over and it had to be on a bike) he asked where I was going I told him the FOP, he asked if I was a member I said yes and he asked for my membership card and I gave it to him. after looking at my card for a minute he asked what all I was going to shoot I told him that I was going to shoot my muzzle loading rifle and a black powder revolver which were both in my backpack. After telling him about the revolver I start digging through my wallet looking for the IC I cut out saying you can carry black powder but all he asked was if I had anything else with my name on it so he could make sure it was really my name on the card. I told him I didn't have any photo ID and he said my CPR/FA/AED cards would work. Still expecting to hear it about carrying a handgun without a ltch I start digging through my wallet but he starts talking about my professional healthcare provider CPR/FA/AED certs. and tells me that its good to see someone carrying less lethal options (oc spray) as well as lethal options. He ended by offering me a ride to which I kindly declined and a bottle of water which I GLADLY accepted. I left with a giant smile on my face because how cool he was about me carrying guns. Oh btw I was pulled over because a couple people called about someone looking like they were about to pass out while riding a bike:):

Top Bottom