• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Yeah my EX wife laid a similar line on me several years ago; we had just moved to Indiana and money was tight due to the expenses involved in moving, etc. and one day she came home to find a LARGE Igloo cooler sitting on the kitchen floor. Understand we had no need for another ice chest and one this big is essentially useless for any purpose I have. She immediately starts chewing my ass over buying that "stupid cooler" with money being tight and all and she knows it cost well over $100. She even commented on the large NAPA logo on the front of it and asked why I'd be stupid enough to pay NAPA to advertise their product. It took her about 10 minutes to spool down enough to ask if I had anything to say for myself; my response was simply "I won it in a drawing".

Then she was pissed because I allowed her to carry on like an idiot (her word) for 10 minutes!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah my EX wife laid a similar line on me several years ago; we had just moved to Indiana and money was tight due to the expenses involved in moving, etc. and one day she came home to find a LARGE Igloo cooler sitting on the kitchen floor. Understand we had no need for another ice chest and one this big is essentially useless for any purpose I have. She immediately starts chewing my ass over buying that "stupid cooler" with money being tight and all and she knows it cost well over $100. She even commented on the large NAPA logo on the front of it and asked why I'd be stupid enough to pay NAPA to advertise their product. It took her about 10 minutes to spool down enough to ask if I had anything to say for myself; my response was simply "I won it in a drawing".

Then she was pissed because I allowed her to carry on like an idiot (her word) for 10 minutes!

Which would give good reason the the "X" in front of the wife title.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point

Love your term "spool down" !!

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Back in the 80's, "Ate Up' was a common term in the military. Pretty much meant "100% sold one's soul to a particular branch of service".

To us degenerates in the chair force, Marines were the poster children of Ate Up! :abused:

main-qimg-b982369061e51f1e1290c9ef9696f227-c
    I played rugby at Kadena AB Oki. we were playing on a Sunday at Camp Butler, as we took our half time beer break, a platoon of Marines come running by in formation....
    Later after the game were taking our after game beer break, and the platoon comes running back down the hill......now That's ate up!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I played rugby at Kadena AB Oki. we were playing on a Sunday at Camp Butler, as we took our half time beer break, a platoon of Marines come running by in formation....
    Later after the game were taking our after game beer break, and the platoon comes running back down the hill......now That's ate up!
    HOLY NECROPOST, BATMAN!!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    My wife says I'm ate up every time I yell EXERCISE-EXERCISE-EXERCISE. She really hates it when I put the THREATCON signs around the house. We are real-world THREATCON BRAVO, exercise THREATCON DELTA is coming later.

(I know it went from Threat Condition to Force Protection Condition many years ago when I was active duty. FPCON doesn't spell anything, THREATCON does.)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My wife says I'm ate up every time I yell EXERCISE-EXERCISE-EXERCISE. She really hates it when I put the THREATCON signs around the house. We are real-world THREATCON BRAVO, exercise THREATCON DELTA is coming later.

(I know it went from Threat Condition to Force Protection Condition many years ago when I was active duty. FPCON doesn't spell anything, THREATCON does.)
    Let me rock you, FuPa CON
    Let me rock you, that's all I wanna do
    FuPa CON, let me rock you
    Let me rock you, FuPa CON
    Let me rock you, let me feel for you

Top Bottom