• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    Don't know about everyone else but the WTB showing up in the WTS section seems to clutter things up and make it harder to find stuff. Just a little thing but i didn't mind it the old way.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I have to agree. It makes it harder to read. Sure, if you are looking for something specific you can use the Search, but if you are just browsing, it makes it a PITA.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Thanks for the feedback guys, and keep it coming.

It's feedback like this that was the reason for the recent change-- folks were complaining that their WTB ads weren't receiving any exposure because most people don't peruse the WTB section. The new way certainly puts the WTB ads in front of more people, but we don't want to make any changes that have a net negative effect.

I'd like others reading this to chime in with your thoughts as well. :ingo:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Thanks for the feedback guys, and keep it coming.

It's feedback like this that was the reason for the recent change-- folks were complaining that their WTB ads weren't receiving any exposure because most people don't peruse the WTB section. The new way certainly puts the WTB ads in front of more people, but we don't want to make any changes that have a net negative effect.

I'd like others reading this to chime in with your thoughts as well. :ingo:

I have noticed the new colored font on the WTS/WTT's, is it possible to leave them in the same thread, but set it up so the WTBs are one color, and the WTS/WTT are another?

Maybe this would help those of use that just like to surf the WTS, but would leave the WTBs to help out those that feel they aren't getting exposure?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I have noticed the new colored font on the WTS/WTT's, is it possible to leave them in the same thread, but set it up so the WTBs are one color, and the WTS/WTT are another?

Maybe this would help those of use that just like to surf the WTS, but would leave the WTBs to help out those that feel they aren't getting exposure?

Fenway is still tweaking the titles, but I thought he had already set the WTB title to be a different color.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy

That is the way it is currently-- WTS/WTT is in green, while WTB is grey.

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I agree with glocklover and the others... the old way was easier to navigate; however, it does give the WTB threaders more exposure IMO. I admit, I never really pay much attention to the WTB postings. I like buying them more. :)

gdh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Crown Point
    I was hoping that the green WTS letters were just for something different around Christmas because I have trouble focusing on the green letters. The red letters stand out better for me.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I'd venture to bet that guns get posted for sale that were being asked for in the WTB section due to the seller not looking in the WTB section. I think this new change is for the better, assuming that the site is trying to help its members move the guns they want to.

I think it is also good because people that aren't necessarily trying to sell a certain gun will see a WTB gun, then the person may get to thinking "well I haven't shot this gun in a long time, might as well get rid of it". I think it helps everyone in the end.

Differentating between colors isn't all that hard for me to do;)

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    The old way is better. The clutter is getting a bit much IMO.
    The reason the WTB ads didn't get exposure is because there are less people looking to sell based on someone's specific want. Those interested will likley look before they post their WTS ad.

Please end the "leveling of the playing field" for the WTB crowd:D

Also I thought the green was just someone being "festive".....

Last edited:

redneck919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2009
    southside
    wayy too cluttered.if anything you should have removed the WTB ads all together. usually whatever people are looking for rolls around in the classifieds at one time or another.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    How about splitting both WTB and WTS into Handgun and Long gun?

WTB Handgun
    WTB Long gun

WTS/WTT Handgun
    WTS/WTT Long gun

I think THAT would make things easier to browse..

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    I'd venture to bet that guns get posted for sale that were being asked for in the WTB section due to the seller not looking in the WTB section. I think this new change is for the better, assuming that the site is trying to help its members move the guns they want to.

I think it is also good because people that aren't necessarily trying to sell a certain gun will see a WTB gun, then the person may get to thinking "well I haven't shot this gun in a long time, might as well get rid of it". I think it helps everyone in the end.

Differentating between colors isn't all that hard for me to do;)

This can go both ways, I would stand to argue that most that posted a WTB didn't search more than two pages themselves. I have seen WTB ads that had a matching gun in the WTS ads.

robbran144

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    southside/greenwood
    This can go both ways, I would stand to argue that most that posted a WTB didn't search more than two pages themselves. I have seen WTB ads that had a matching gun in the WTS ads.

I agree with this comment,I see it all the time on here people with WTB ads and there are 2 or 3 of them listed in the WTS ads.IE i see WTB glock19 or glock 26 and there seems to always be those guns for sale and usually by looking within the updated within the last 24 hours. I like it the old way but its Fenways forum so whatever makes the boss happy makes me happy just like at home....

Top Bottom